Type 1'stars R Us

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tim Tams are real. A similarity to Penguin biscuits.

Oddly!

In the UK, is it OK to slam an equivalent Penguin
It's pretty much a Timtam so could be tried, should the region not supply?
Using the wrapper with the corners cut for health & safety
should the integrity deplete & crumble the treat.
Using the wrapper as a suportive "hose"
Or has it be tried crumbled dry & snorted up the nose...?

image.jpeg

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oddly!

In the UK, is it OK to slam an equivalent Penguin
It's pretty much a Timtam so could be tried, should the region not supply?
Using the wrapper with the corners cut for health & safety
should the integrity deplete & crumble the treat.
Using the wrapper as a suportive "hose"
Or has it be tried crumbled dry & snorted up the nose...?

View attachment 32567
They could be twins. Though from memory, I think the Timtam is lighter, more porous than the more dense Penguin.

Reactions: kitedoc

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Mel dCP - if you could share that recipe I'd be a grateful woman! I'm very fond of tofu. Would it work with marinaded tofu, so that I can make flavoured crispy tofu?
I literally just dusted strips of the extra firm stuff in a spicy salt thing I have and fried it in coconut oil until crispy.

Reactions: Pipp

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
How fat were the strips? About normal crisp thick?

I shall be making a bowl of these to go with tomorrow's lunch-time salad :)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s time for an award.
It has to be the ....Top Banana award. The proud recipient is going to be @Knikki for services above and beyond in the name of research.
Never before as one diabetic eaten so many biscuits to benefit so many of us. ( well not today at least :)).

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, flew to Barcelona yesterday, for lots of reasons it's the first time I've flown for years. Told the first guy I had insulin in my bag, he made no comment so off the bag went in its tray, along with keys out of my pocket. Forgot to take Libre reader out of the other pocket, set off the alarm, explained I wore a sensor, had to go through the full body scanner, wanded, patted down, then had to open bag and explain. Next time everything insulin's going in the tray separately.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Managed to get “two for one” at doctors this morning.....appointment for other half and rather cheekily asked GP to identify rash on my stomach at the end...evidently I currently have shingles...:(...not too bad, just a small rash and occasional itching....
....getting appointment with this particular doctor is like gold dust as any available disappear within two minutes of being released online (others have gone within five to ten minutes of 8am release) so thankful that the ‘one patient, one problem’ managed to be bypassed on this occasion ...
....hope everyone has a good weekend and any storms forecast are avoided....:)
I absolutely hate the 'one person, one problem' caper. The closest 'dig' I have to it is Single Organ Doctors (or SODS for short)!

Reactions: Knikki

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
When I said chips, I meant like chips you have with a meal, not crisps So about 1cm x 1cm x 5cm.

Aha - sorry for being dim, and many thanks.

Oooh - in case you're ever tempted - the Real Eat Lentil chips (sort of actual crisps) in tomato and basil flavor spiked me horrendously! Hummus ones in sour cream and chives not so bad. However, I will stick to mixed nuts for a snack in future - no spike and lots of protein.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@kitedoc Roobios? What are they?

Morning, raining but weather said it would, going gym :)

Catch you later.

Rooibos tea - I drink about 8 cups a day. Red Bush Tea from Africa. Nicest without milk or sugar (for me) and a good flavour. As @kitedoc says, lotsa antioxidants and supposedly helpful with blood sugar. I dunno. I drink it because 12 mugs of strong black coffee a day weren't helping. I switched to 3 coffees in the morning with rooibos the rest of the day.

Reactions: Knikki and porl69