Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all. We’re also at the “silence and coffee stage” of the morning...

Also woke up a little on the low side, sensor on its last day and is reading me as dead. Hey ho.

@WuTwo - I’m definitely going to try making seitan when I can get the requisite bits! I’ve made some fabulously crispy tofu chips, so keen to try new things.

Got to pop to my surgery this morning to pay for the sign off on the occupational health thing for my course, and then we’re poppig down to Somerset to see my dad as it’s his birthday tomorrow.

Have a good one, friends x

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I did a cannula set change this morning and left the old set on my stomach, it was only when I was getting dressed that I noticed too many tubes stuck on my tum, along with the G6 sensor it all looked a bit complicated..

Reactions: Knikki

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
A common occurrence :). When I’ve not got a Dexcom sensor on I still take care not to knock it.:banghead:

I stopped using the libre about a year ago but still take care putting clothes on when they go over my arms and still have a thing about door frames and not getting too close to them..

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning y'all

Set change for me last night and, same as you @Juicyj I left the cannula in. Looked at my belly this morning and seen no tubes coming out and panicked!!!!! Though I may have dislodged it during my sleep BUT watch said 7.6.... Then realized it was on my leg :hilarious::hilarious:

Happy birthday to Mr @WuTwo :)

@Knikki you will have to let us know how the coffee dunking goes :)

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greetings my fellow teabags, or should that be coffee bags, for those that dont do tea.

Made an adjustment about 2 week ago to my pump settings, increasing my carb ratio and basal rate for the mornings, as i was still experiencing fairly steep spikes in morning. Nothing really changed although that could have been down to my lurgy last week.

Anyhoo for past 4 mornings BG have been rather good, in fact if anything i will need to adjust back slightly. I am finding that by about 10.30 I am having to eat something, eg a couple of biscuits, which i am rather glad about ( I love my biscuits) as BG is dropping to around 4.0 and will only continue to head down.

As BG are heading down around 4 hours after insulin dose, does that suggest i need to take my basal back slightly

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Managed to get “two for one” at doctors this morning.....appointment for other half and rather cheekily asked GP to identify rash on my stomach at the end...evidently I currently have shingles...:(...not too bad, just a small rash and occasional itching....
....getting appointment with this particular doctor is like gold dust as any available disappear within two minutes of being released online (others have gone within five to ten minutes of 8am release) so thankful that the ‘one patient, one problem’ managed to be bypassed on this occasion ...
....hope everyone has a good weekend and any storms forecast are avoided....:)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Managed to get “two for one” at doctors this morning.....appointment for other half and rather cheekily asked GP to identify rash on my stomach at the end...evidently I currently have shingles...:(...not too bad, just a small rash and occasional itching....
....getting appointment with this particular doctor is like gold dust as any available disappear within two minutes of being released online (others have gone within five to ten minutes of 8am release) so thankful that the ‘one patient, one problem’ managed to be bypassed on this occasion ...
Good initiative to get doc to check out rash, @Molly56. Ouchy, shingles. I hope you got a prescription for anti-viral meds. If you take them early on it can help reduce the severity and length of the illness.
https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/shingles/understanding-shingles-treatment#1

Hope you don’t feel too ill with it, and can rest and recover quickly.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Greetings my fellow teabags, or should that be coffee bags, for those that dont do tea.

Made an adjustment about 2 week ago to my pump settings, increasing my carb ratio and basal rate for the mornings, as i was still experiencing fairly steep spikes in morning. Nothing really changed although that could have been down to my lurgy last week.

Anyhoo for past 4 mornings BG have been rather good, in fact if anything i will need to adjust back slightly. I am finding that by about 10.30 I am having to eat something, eg a couple of biscuits, which i am rather glad about ( I love my biscuits) as BG is dropping to around 4.0 and will only continue to head down.

As BG are heading down around 4 hours after insulin dose, does that suggest i need to take my basal back slightly
Glad to see that the pump is working for you at last :)
Slight adjustment of the basal I would say. 4 hours and the bolus would/should have worn off

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good afternoon, came back from getting my prescription, then food shopping, opened the back door and there on one of the sofa's is my daughter. She has been sent home from work ( a Nursery) as she had been sick, not a lot, liquid, she said, so she is asleep now <3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Sending get well (((((((((( hugs)))))))))))) and I'm sure Mr Clive will look after you.
Get well soon X

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I’ve made some fabulously crispy tofu chips, so keen to try new things.

@Mel dCP - if you could share that recipe I'd be a grateful woman! I'm very fond of tofu. Would it work with marinaded tofu, so that I can make flavoured crispy tofu?

Reactions: kitedoc and Knikki

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Molly56 - sorry to hear about your shingles! I hope it's not too painful and clears up quickly.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just out waiting for my mut at the groomers.... "The weasel look."

Lol, there's gonna be a riot at the parlour, these guys think it's "easy money" when he trots through the door like butter wouldn't melt.. They have been warned & advised to fit a muzzel.. :nailbiting:

Got some tickets for a "pop up cinema" in my viĺlage hall to finally see Bohemian rhapsody tonight..
Just hope the focus on the projector is tuned. & the venue isn't "double booked" with the ballroom dance club,

Or else, we'll see a little silhouetto of a man & doing the fandango....;)

Reactions: Juicyj and Pipp

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki thats not a very scientific appraisal lardy so and so (I'm only quoting what you said about your self! :hilarious:)

Surely ambient and beverage liquid temperature, dunking depth and duration need to be logged and monitored as a minimum! Re-do it properly please - I can send extra insulin if required............:D

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Afternoon

Filthy Dunking into coffee but hot beverage of your choice :)

Rich Tea OK works well but goes soggy quite quick.
Bourbons nice but really does not retain liquid so well, bit waterproof .
Hob nobs so far the best retains mass, can be slurped from and re-dunked.
Jaffa Cakes, not so good fall apart quick.
Jammy Dodgers not bad the jam adds an extra je ne sais quoi.

TWIX bars :woot::woot::woot: you have to try this. Get a Twix bite both the ends off them and then use like a straw, the caramel inside melts adding a whole new flavour, don't last long as the heat tends to cause it to fall apart. BUT before you all go :***: try it and see what I mean.
I think that was copied from the Aussie TimTams. They even have a name for it "Timtam slam" and a wkihow page to explain how to do it: https://www.wikihow.com/Do-the-Tim-Tam-Slam.
The comments are worthy of a perusal.

Any of the cheapest chocolate biscuit bars do the same. They are all LUSH :) especially with hot chocolate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Afternoon

Filthy Dunking into coffee but hot beverage of your choice :)

Rich Tea OK works well but goes soggy quite quick.
Bourbons nice but really does not retain liquid so well, bit waterproof .
Hob nobs so far the best retains mass, can be slurped from and re-dunked.
Jaffa Cakes, not so good fall apart quick.
Jammy Dodgers not bad the jam adds an extra je ne sais quoi.

TWIX bars :woot::woot::woot: you have to try this. Get a Twix bite both the ends off them and then use like a straw, the caramel inside melts adding a whole new flavour, don't last long as the heat tends to cause it to fall apart. BUT before you all go :***: try it and see what I mean.

A good variety............ but, I can't eat any of them, oh rats :banghead:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tim Tams are real. A similarity to Penguin biscuits.

Reactions: Jaylee