Oh dear I got fat again.

Sunstreaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Three years ago when I got the prediabetic diagnosis, I started a low carb diet. The weight fell off me, so much so people asked my wife if I was ok. 17kgs, it was easy. Going to the gym regularly I noticed I lost muscle as well as fat. I arrested this loss by eating peanuts which I became a little too fond of. Over the last three years the Kgs have crept up. I fear the only explanation is an increase in red wine and salty low carb snacks may be to blame. Today I bought another size up trousers. I want to lose it again. HBA1c has also crept up.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, all I can say is you have done it before so you can do it again. You can climb back on the wagon and take back control. It happens to a lot, but can be sorted out. Good luck, and keep posting. :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Carb creep and taking your eye off the ball.
Easily done (says the voice experience) :D

Back on the wagon.
At least you know how, and how well it works. :)

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hear ya! Been there a few times and currently concentrating on tightening up again. The amount of salted peanuts I can consume in one sitting is ugly, my grandchildren hide their stash from me.

There’s a Meaty May thread running at the moment, care to join us?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hear ya! Been there a few times and currently concentrating on tightening up again. The amount of salted peanuts I can consume in one sitting is ugly, my grandchildren hide their stash from me.

There’s a Meaty May thread running at the moment, care to join us?

I am part of this me too movement! I think I'm going to have to stop them altogether!

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am part of this me too movement! I think I'm going to have to stop them altogether!

The peanuts? Terrible things! I overdid the salted macadamias in the early days, can’t eat them at all now.

Sunstreaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I also over enjoyed pork scratchings. My carbs did creep up from what was a very strict regime. Is it just a case of being strict again or do I need to do some sort of reboot in order to start weight loss again. I still exercise regularly.

Reactions: hazelzac

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also over enjoyed pork scratchings. My carbs did creep up from what was a very strict regime. Is it just a case of being strict again or do I need to do some sort of reboot in order to start weight loss again. I still exercise regularly.

What I do is a reboot. OMAD, keto, carnivore, fast, whatever it takes. Be careful though, each reboot takes longer with fewer changes.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
From another peanut addict, I keep things strict on schooldays and go nuts (intended) at the weekend. Works well on the OMAD route too. Doing it 5 from 7 takes all the stress out. I can be a little naughty at the weekend.

Sunstreaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
From another peanut addict, I keep things strict on schooldays and go nuts (intended) at the weekend. Works well on the OMAD route too. Doing it 5 from 7 takes all the stress out. I can be a little naughty at the weekend.

Sorry, three years of complacency, what is OMAD?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Peanuts and red wine?!! We could be twins,.
Triplets - me too! I have avoided the red wine for the last eight weeks, but will probably succumb again soon.
The trouble with peanuts is that it is easy to finish a whole pack once I get started. I really should avoid buying any.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Triplets - me too! I have avoided the red wine for the last eight weeks, but will probably succumb again soon.
The trouble with peanuts is that it is easy to finish a whole pack once I get started. I really should avoid buying any.

What size of whole pack are we talking here?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is that OMAD and nothing else passing the lips except fluids?
That's how I do it yes.. coffee with cream and tea with lactofree milk during the day with only solids being in one meal. for me in the evening.
However that meal can be quite large..
Its a useful way of not stimulating insulin production for an extended period so you can start to acess our fat stores for energy once the glucose stores are exhausted. If you also follow a very low carb way f eating then those stores won't get recharged either so your fasting will become even more effective and the fat burning more intense (well that's what it seemed to do for me).

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.

Yep, Monday to Friday for me is proper meal in the evening, (which gets smaller over time)with my fav of peanut butter and greek yogert to finish. Then nothing, just straight black coffee or water till the next evening.

Reactions: jjraak

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Yep, same as @bulkbiker The last week or so it’s just been meat and an occasional egg. Today I’ve had two scrambled eggs thinking I may want to eat later but I’m stuffed.

I do have weight to lose, I’ve never managed to get rid of everything that shouldn’t be there but my metabolism is pants. I do hold BS numbers in the 3’s and 4’s though and that’s far more important.

Are you thinking of giving it a bash?

Sunstreaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep, same as @bulkbiker The last week or so it’s just been meat and an occasional egg. Today I’ve had two scrambled eggs thinking I may want to eat later but I’m stuffed.

I do have weight to lose, I’ve never managed to get rid of everything that shouldn’t be there but my metabolism is pants. I do hold BS numbers in the 3’s and 4’s though and that’s far more important.

Are you thinking of giving it a bash?

Over the past couple of years my appetite has changed. Several cups of tea and coffee during the day , odd bites of cheese, a meal late evening, usually veg and fish. Then I seem to become ravenous, completely driven to eat ,salty snacks and cheese follows. So the OMAD may not be too hard if I can do something to stop the post meal hunger. I did think it was too little fat , which is why I started on the cheese, but something has changed for the weight to creep up.