tresiba joint pain

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
if anyone has had this awful joint pain after starting tresiba and if you stopped it how long untill the pain eased

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @borderter I haven't come across anyone else experiencing joint pain after starting on Tresiba, it could be a co-incidence and have you checked it out with your GP ?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
For me joint pain disappeared after starting Tresiba instead of Lantus. Have you gone back to your former insulin to see if it's he Tresiba?
Hope you'll feel better soon!

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
For me joint pain disappeared after starting Tresiba instead of Lantus. Have you gone back to your former insulin to see if it's he Tresiba?
Hope you'll feel better soon!
Lantus seized my ankles up sadly could not use it and i tried three times at separate times .It has to be the molecule that makes it long acting that does it but with levemir no trouble as it wore off after a much much shorter time .I will try levemir and see if pain goes but its such a shame as tresiba is such a good insulin

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello @borderter I haven't come across anyone else experiencing joint pain after starting on Tresiba, it could be a co-incidence and have you checked it out with your GP ?
No as gp will say its fibromyalgia as noticed on other forums how many people had fibro after tresiba but maybe they just reacted to it .If pain does not go away i will have to check it out

Reactions: GwynethLamont

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is interesting because I've started Tresiba on 3rd April and I feel like i'm 80 in a 26 year old body. My daily stretching hasn't really helped, but my boyfriend bought me glucosamine tablets and it's been taking the edge off.

Se7en

if anyone has had this awful joint pain after starting tresiba and if you stopped it how long untill the pain eased

I stopped tresiba a few months ago after I noticed what I thought was joint pain. Turns out that it’s not joint pain, it’s pain of the tendons. I’m not certain if tresiba is what caused this so I’ve been trying to see if people had the same experience with it. My doc never seemed convinced that it was tresiba and will be doing follow up tests. I stopped using it about 4 months ago and I still have stiff tendons/ muscle pain/weakness. Would you mind describing your pain in more detail?

Reactions: GwynethLamont

Se7en

This is interesting because I've started Tresiba on 3rd April and I feel like i'm 80 in a 26 year old body. My daily stretching hasn't really helped, but my boyfriend bought me glucosamine tablets and it's been taking the edge off.
Are you certain it’s your joints and not your tendons?