Keto Salt Lake 2019 - 01 - Dave Feldman: A Deep Dive into Cholesterol and Risk

Last edited:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto Salt Lake 2019 - 02 - Larry Diamond: Additional Benefits of Low Carb With Fasting

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto Salt Lake 2019 - 03 - Dr. Peter Ballerstedt: Getting to the meat of sustainability

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto Salt Lake 2019 - 04 - Dr. Rohn Rigby: The Stories We Tell

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto Salt Lake 2019 - 05 - Friday Morning Q and A Panel

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto Salt Lake 2019 - 06 - Dr. Adam Nalley: Tuning the Thyroid with Ketosis

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Indy51 How do these conferences work, what is the business plan? They seem to be held all over the world often with the same contributors, which would mean expenses and keeping them away from their day job. The only sort of conferences I have attended were to do with broadcast engineering. In that case the presentations were linked to the company the contributor worked for so expenses came from the marketing budget. The conferences were a commercial operation, attendees had to pay a fee and there were certainly not free videos afterwards.

Reactions: ringi

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Indy51 How do these conferences work, what is the business plan? They seem to be held all over the world often with the same contributors, which would mean expenses and keeping them away from their day job. The only sort of conferences I have attended were to do with broadcast engineering. In that case the presentations were linked to the company the contributor worked for so expenses came from the marketing budget. The conferences were a commercial operation, attendees had to pay a fee and there were certainly not free videos afterwards.
No idea what the business model is or what fees may/may not be paid to the speakers. So sorry, can't help in that regard.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto Salt Lake 2019 - 07 - Amy Berger: Nourish Your Neurons: Alzheimer's Disease as Type 3 Diabetes

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
@Guzzler @bulkbiker

Keto Salt Lake 2019-08-Dr. Benjamin Bikman: Insulin vs Ketones. The battle for the mitochondrion:

Oooh. Let me grab a coffee because this is going to be good!

For some reason my browser wouldn't play this but no matter, it's available on YouTube.
Gosh that was so good. I have only seen mitochondria depicted as an oval so Ben's slides and subsequent talk on coupling/uncoupling now make sense. Definitely need to watch again but my last thought on this was 'It's a wonder that those with severe insulin resistance can get out of bed in the morning'.

Last edited:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto Salt Lake 2019-09-Friday Afternoon Q and A Panel

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto Salt Lake 2019-10-2 Keto Dudes Live Podcast with Tara Finnerty

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Guzzler @bulkbiker

Keto Salt Lake 2019-08-Dr. Benjamin Bikman: Insulin vs Ketones. The battle for the mitochondrion:

Fascinating and starting to be able to explain why ketogenic diets work so well.. Possibly one of his more complex talks but worth listening to all the same.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I clicked 'Watch this thread' but I'm not getting notifications for it, very strange.
I havn't seen all the presentations so will gorge over the next coupla days.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DCUKMod Interesting talk on the thyroid.. you may find it helpful (although you may well know all about it already).

Thanks BB. I haven't seen the presentation, so will give it a decent viewing. I'm about to go into my hext phase of negotiations surrounding my own thyroid treatment over the weekend, so it's great timing.