Freestyle Libre Loose Error

jenjen13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi all,

first post here, i joined to ask a question. i have been on the libre for about 4 months now and it usually works great, never had a sensor fail but yesterday i put a new sensor on, exactly as i would usually, i change the arm everytime and scanned it, after 60 minutes i got this message:

'please check your sensor, if it is loose your skin, please remove the sensor and start a New one.if it is applied properly, try starting sensor again'

i rescanned it and waited 60 minutes, again same error. so ive had to use finger prick since then. i got a new one from the pharmacy with my prescription today and..the same thing has happened?! its been put on correctly, it is NOT loose at all from the skin, the same error is coming up after 60 minutes. has this happened to anyone? im not sure what the odds are of it failing twice in a row with different sensors. i put it on the same arm as yesterday but in a different location, again, no where or location i would usually not put it, everything as normal... not sure if its the actual reader or not. advice please?

obviously its a bank holiday now so abbott are closed :(
thanks alot!

jen

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, welcome!

it's probably a faulty sensor, call Abbott to explain the situation and they'll replace it. Yes this has happened to me as well.

jenjen13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello! thanks, twice in a row though?

P.S IS THAT TEEMO?! I AM SO EXCITED YOURE THE FIRST PERSON TO REPLY TO MY THREAD!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello! thanks, twice in a row though?

P.S IS THAT TEEMO?! I AM SO EXCITED YOURE THE FIRST PERSON TO REPLY TO MY THREAD!

Not twice in a row, sensors have been good to me. I'm assuming you followed the application instructions correctly. But Abbott are very good at replacing sensors.You just need to call them and provide them the information and you have to answer a few questions from them as well. Unfortunately we might receive faulty sensors and it does happen.

I LOVE TEEMO, :hilarious:

jenjen13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not twice in a row, sensors have been good to me. I'm assuming you followed the application instructions correctly. But Abbott are very good at replacing sensors.You just need to call them and provide them the information and you have to answer a few questions from them as well. Unfortunately we might receive faulty sensors and it does happen.

I LOVE TEEMO, :hilarious:

yes ive never had an issue before now and jut to get 2 sensors in a row saying the same error is quite concerning. i will call them tomorrow if open and see what they advise!

what are the chances youre the first person to reply to this, i never meet anyone who plays LOL nevermind a girl also! He is the cutest, i dream of recieving devil teemo in a chest one day! :D

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yes ive never had an issue before now and jut to get 2 sensors in a row saying the same error is quite concerning. i will call them tomorrow if open and see what they advise!

what are the chances youre the first person to reply to this, i never meet anyone who plays LOL nevermind a girl also! He is the cutest, i dream of recieving devil teemo in a chest one day! :D

Same, it's happened to me a month ago, with growing demand for technologies like the sensors, we are bound to come across some that don't work. I hope it works out for you, again Abbott are very good at sending out replacements. It's always good to have test strips as backup, we can't always rely on sensors, but it's nice to have them.

Haha, same, I got devil teemo from the skin shop that riot puts out from time to time for discounted skins.

jenjen13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks for your help! i suppose back to the old sore fingers for a bit!

jealous! we must play sometime!

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks for your help! i suppose back to the old sore fingers for a bit!

jealous! we must play sometime!
Yes, :( I'd like to note that you have to send them the faulty sensors in the prepaid envelope that they send along with your replacement.

Sure, ign: Meowski :) We'll play some time!

lmsk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes, :( I'd like to note that you have to send them the faulty sensors in the prepaid envelope that they send along with your replacement.

Sure, ign: Meowski :) We'll play some time!
Hey has anyone had multiple sensors replaced? I've had 2 already in 2 months but then have lost 2 more. I'm wary and feel like if I call again they may say it's just not working for me and I really don't want to go back to finger pricks and guessing if it's going up or down as I am really struggling with decent control right now! Thanks guys xx

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey has anyone had multiple sensors replaced? I've had 2 already in 2 months but then have lost 2 more. I'm wary and feel like if I call again they may say it's just not working for me and I really don't want to go back to finger pricks and guessing if it's going up or down as I am really struggling with decent control right now! Thanks guys xx
Hello, I think it's best if you start a new thread.
However I think there are some T1s who had to call Abbott several times, I've only had 2 failed on me since last year. Finger pricks are still needed when sensors aren't accurate, or when you run high or low or when you're unwell. it's doesn't eradicate finger pricking completely.

Reactions: lmsk