KCF how to bolus????

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok I feel like I need a KFC tonight it's been about 3 months since I've eaten any ****.

How does one bolus for this as the macro will be something like this 30g C 60cF 80gP.

I'm thinking take for the 30g at time of eating and then for the 80g Protein once I see the curve rising on my CGM.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ok I feel like I need a KFC tonight it's been about 3 months since I've eaten any ****.

How does one bolus for this as the macro will be something like this 30g C 60cF 80gP.

I'm thinking take for the 30g at time of eating and then for the 80g Protein once I see the curve rising on my CGM.
That's what I would do.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
You do have the option to not eat it !Just saying!

D

Deleted member 83869

Go with what you think, you can always correct the high or low afterwards :) Sorry if this is not the advice you was looking for! Enjoy your KFC

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I'm with @philchap1 on this.

Accommodate the carb content. Follow developments with your CGM, & double check with a finger prick.

... & call it a "science experiment." ;)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
The advantage with KFC is all their nutritional info inc carbs is available online as well as over the counter so it's easy to work out the carb value.

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Right folks,

So this is how it went down......

Ok sooo 6u for the 30gC at the time of the meal rather then the usual pre-bolus of 15-25 mins before hand. All remained steady for a few hours then I forgot to check the CGM and 4 hours later 8.8 and rising so took the 5u for the protein. All was good and stable on a 6.6 before bed, woke up this morning with a 7.1 and stable overnight line.

Reactions: Kim Possible