Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
Evening everyone, I have scrambled eggs and bacon for breakies and my bgs are good. I really fancy some breakfast cereal and the TV adverts for granola look so scrummy. Is there a granola that won't spike me, or another cereal. Any ideas for some nice cereals please? Hope my message finds everyone well. Q.

Reactions: Kittycat_7_

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the tag @Guzzler.
I eat keto coconut porridge for breakfast every day with a couple of strawberries and double cream, totalling about 7 carbs.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-coconut-porridge
I also make a home made low carb granola which I made up from several different recipes

C5E5DF7B-70A0-4EC9-8853-4F11C0A57EE2.jpeg

Reactions: Guzzler

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can make your own granola. Google keto granola bars. Using granola and eating it with milk as a traditional cereal, not a good idea. If you can tolerate unsweetened almond milk, possibly. Be led by your meter.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the tag @Guzzler.
I eat keto coconut porridge for breakfast every day with a couple of strawberries and double cream, totalling about 7 carbs.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-coconut-porridge
I also make a home made low carb granola which I made up from several different recipes

View attachment 32966
I do much the same without chocolate bits and with whatever seeds and nuts I have around. Also served with Greek yogurt and maybe berries if I have any.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I'd stick with the bacon and eggs or something else meaty or ditch breakfast altogether.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I agree with @bulkbiker . But mist particularly i personally woukd not touch a commercial brand of cereals with a 100 metre barge pole ( if such a device existed). Such cerals are artificially infused with vitamins that is hiw deficient the base material is and most people find they spike NSLs even in non-diabetucs.