Not diagnosed, but worry I have diabetes.

AbbieA__

Hi,

8 Months ago I was tested for diabetes as I was having frequent UTIs and was worried it was being caused by diabetes and so the doctor made me take a blood test and rang me and told me I don't have it. I am having some symptoms which could be potentially caused by diabetes, could I have got diabetes in those 8 months? The doctor didn't tell me anything about what the results were just that I didn't have any diabetes previously and i'm just worried than I could of gotten it in those 8 months.

Edit since people have been asking about symptoms:

I've been having pins and needles in my hands and feet along with twitching throughout my body, I also have been feeling a bit of nausea a couple of hours after food, not every single time I eat but after quite a few meals this past week. I have read these are symptoms for other things but with it also being symptoms of diabetes I am just worried it could be that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

8 Months ago I was tested for diabetes as I was having frequent UTIs and was worried it was being caused by diabetes and so the doctor made me take a blood test and rang me and told me I don't have it. I am having some symptoms which could be potentially caused by diabetes, could I have got diabetes in those 8 months? The doctor didn't tell me anything about what the results were just that I didn't have any diabetes previously and i'm just worried than I could of gotten it in those 8 months.

Many symptoms of diabetes could be quite a lot of other diseases or conditions , well except from raised blood glucose over a longer period ...!

If you want to be sure you need to see your GP and have blood tests done.

What is it specifically that makes you Think you might have caught type 2 diabetes ?View attachment 32992

AbbieA__

What symptoms are you having?
I've been having pins and needles in my hands and feet along with twitching throughout my body, I also have been feeling a bit of nausea a couple of hours after food, not every single time I eat but after quite a few meals this past week. I have read these are symptoms for other things but with it also being symptoms of diabetes I am just worried it could be that.

AbbieA__

Many symptoms of diabetes could be quite a lot of other diseases or conditions , well except from raised blood glucose over a longer period ...!

If you want to be sure you need to see your GP and have blood tests done.

What is it specifically that makes you Think you might have caught type 2 diabetes ?View attachment 32992

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi @AbbieA__ ,

None of us are qualified to diagnose your symptoms. (As concerning as they maybe.)

Please book an appointment with your Doctor. Get some blood works done first in a qualified lab.

Wishing you the best of luck. Then let us know how you got on... :)

Last edited:

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Hi,

8 Months ago I was tested for diabetes as I was having frequent UTIs and was worried it was being caused by diabetes and so the doctor made me take a blood test and rang me and told me I don't have it.

What kind of blood test did you have done?

As others have said, we can't diagnose, that is a job for your doctor to do. Hopefully, you can get in reasonably soon to see one.

AbbieA__

What kind of blood test did you have done?

As others have said, we can't diagnose, that is a job for your doctor to do. Hopefully, you can get in reasonably soon to see one.

They didn't tell me what blood test I had done, they just said it was one for diabetes and said I didn't have it with no other information.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
if your blood test says not diabetes it is probably right.. you could also ask if you are maybe pre-diabetic , and if they say no , trust them in that..

It is always a good idea not to binge in carbs.. , your symptoms can be a lot of different conditions or diseases,

if one is very stressed out one could hyperventilate which is a fast superficial breathing where one does build up a lot of oxygen in one's blood and this nervous kind of breathing can lead to tingling ins fingers in hands and feet, and also in some cases to convulsions,
-I had that when I was young out of stress when I was ill , then I got so scared that my breathing got influenced and I was scared of dying .... well it was kind of an unlogic reaction , because I wasn´t even close to anything I could die from, as soon as I learned it was a kind of neurosis and learned to breathe into a plastic bag for a few moments and get the level of oxygen back to normal , I stopped having these attacks of fear of health.

there are also conditions like neuropathy which can show like tingling in limbs, hands, and feet end legs , and other areas of the body, this is not diabetes, but diabetics can actually end up getting these conditions more easily than most other people..because of a very raised blood glucose do over time damage the body in an unpredictable way... many very high spikes of blood glucose, like from binge-eating or if one is insulin resistant can likewise damage your body... so all in all most people will benefit from not eating too many carbs at a time and in general.. even those that are not diabetics.

also, a lack of folic acid and vitamin B12 can lead to nerve damage over time.... but then, on the other hand, it is also not healthy to be too high in these vitamins, so please go to your GP if you have any worries of health ..
even if you are just a worrying kind of person, go to your GP and be open of your worries.... of cause they will tell you if they find anything concerning your health

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a doctors appointment tomorrow so will see what happens then.

Ask you7r doctor which tests you had previously and what the actual numbers were. Being told you are not diabetic without any idea of the test done or the actual result is not good enough. You can ask for print outs of the results so you have them in black and white. Same for any future tests you have. Never accept a doctor's interpretation of results - interpret them yourself after some research.