Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The BBC is today reporting on a flexitarian diet
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46865204
It is part of the Environmental movement to save the planet and is intended to be made into a world diet for most of us

My concern is that it is a high carb diet with high sugar content, so would not be very suitable for those with a metabolic disease such as diabetes. It is the diet about to replace Eatwell and has the backing of several UK MP's. It was accepted by the Commons Environmental Comittee for adoption by 2030 at the latest. This would suggest regulation is not far away.

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i guess the proteins from worms (and insects) will be part of future food-basics, it seems digusting to me , but my daugther tells me that roasted some worms actually tastes very fine... of cause we need to find other kinds of proteins if we have to lower meat intake in general.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
This really is a bottomless pit of wrong.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
How absurd is that daily protein amount, this is what it really is about to me. Anti meat, they know they won't get away with banning all meats etc outright, but will have a better chance of getting this through if they include a tiny amount of it.

Who's ready for daily rations?

Edit: typo

Last edited:
M

Member496333

Incidentally this isn’t a new “study” or article, but it’s utter hatefulness always deserves further derision. I have no issue with personal choices, but I do have a major issue when talk of taxation and legislation gets passed around in a bid to control what I choose to eat.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
He’s the closet vegetarian who leads this constant barrage of “studies” rolling out of Harvard.

When it comes to nutrition, I have just lost all faith in Harvard these days.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I see these articles as them trying not to tell us that we cant feed the people on this planet adequately, so they are bringing in rationing and we are seeing food shortages, thinly disguised as "for the good of the planet".

I think they are trying to avoid the panic of people working out that there is not enough for all, due to may reasons, including soil exhaustion.

Reactions: HSSS

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
The foods that should be rationed are the ultra processed, hyperpalatable foods. And prunes.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you do the little quiz where you choose a food, it seems to be concentrating on greenhouse gasses more than anything else. They should be concentrating on China, America and others before foisting this on us.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I presume this is Eat Lancet in another guise...? the one that the WHO just stopped endorsing..

Screenshot 2019-05-30 at 10.01.00.png

Reactions: Guzzler

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The foods that should be rationed are the ultra processed, hyperpalatable foods. And prunes.

There was something in the news about this today, mentioning ultra processed foods being harmful, and using breakfast cereals, crisps, burgers, and believe it or not DAIRY as examples. DAIRY? Unless they were meaning pretend dairy, margarine and so forth, but didn't specify.

Reactions: Guzzler