Carnivore Corner

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Those of us who have just finished "Meaty May" and couldn't come up with a catchy title for June thought we'd start a hang out for the cool carni's on the forum.
So voila here we are.. feel free to post any meaty questions, observations and research about carnivory.

M

Member496333

Splendid.

Rare cooked lamb’s liver and scrambled duck eggs for breakfast later on. All cooked in butter of course :D

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Juicy June? I will join you when I can chew again.

M

Member496333

Carnivore data ahoy! In June I’m intending to go ubercarnivore with almost all of my food coming from animal sources. For now, I am going to be testing more frequently in order to get an idea whether or not my protein ingestion is resulting in a lot of insulin release. I intend to make sure that my ketone/glucose ratio stays as close to 1:1 as possible. If the ketones dip significantly then I’m probably eating too much lean muscle. By the way I’m talking about myself only - with a previous history of rampant GNG - and don't wish to debate the merits or downfalls of using protein for energy with regard to others :)

Measured just now, before breakfast in an hour or so;

Ketones 3.8mmol/L
Glucose 4.1mmol/L

M

Member496333

~100g of protein today, which is a lot for me. All animal protein. Plenty of fat and no vegetables in sight.

Pre-dinner glucose 4.7mmol/L
Post-dinner glucose 4.7mmol//L

:shifty:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
~100g of protein today, which is a lot for me. All animal protein. Plenty of fat and no vegetables in sight.

Pre-dinner glucose 4.7mmol/L
Post-dinner glucose 4.7mmol//L

:shifty:

I forgot to take my pre dinner but post dinner was a snap to yours 4.7mmol/l
Dinner was a 600g sirloin... delicious and 100g of protein preceded by another 50g worth of cold meats with afternoon tea...

M

Member496333

I forgot to take my pre dinner but post dinner was a snap to yours 4.7mmol/l
Dinner was a 600g sirloin... delicious and 100g of protein preceded by another 50g worth of cold meats with afternoon tea...

4.7mmol/L is in vogue this week.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can be certain all the models in Vogue this week will be eating a very low carb diet

M

Member496333

Loving duck eggs at the moment. The yolks are much bigger than chicken eggs and taste a lot richer. Apparently more fat and cholesterol also. Yummy!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Loving duck eggs at the moment. The yolks are much bigger than chicken eggs and taste a lot richer. Apparently more fat and cholesterol also. Yummy!

Salted duck eggs are fab!

Erm,... to go with the bacon. Obvs

(Just keeping with the carni)

M

Member496333

Salted duck eggs are fab!

Erm,... to go with the bacon. Obvs

(Just keeping with the carni)

Oh my goodness yes. I just had four, gooey centred hard boiled and dusted in lots of salt. The whites are actually a little rubbery tasting, but the yolks make chicken eggs taste anaemic by comparison.

PS. Eggs are carnivore compatible. Animal product innit :D

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah that’s awesome. Thanks very much. May be tempted to give that a try :hungry:

Built in salty, depending how long you leave them. Great for packed lunches or the like