Newly diagnosed type 1

DaLe-2020

Hello new here recently diagnosed type 1 diabetic after big weight loss and that constant dry mouth (if yano about the dry mouth and bin through it high five) insulin injections are now apart of my life I think I’ve took to it well.. just branching out to people in the same boat people who haven’t experienced or got diabetes don’t really get what I talk about to them. Initial blood reading was 146mlo come down to relatively normal level now have had a few hypos easy to treat if you catch it early

Reactions: Antje77

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@DaLe-2020 . Welcome to the forum.
I think you’ll find a lot of us who have been on a very similar journey to yours. Actually a lot of us have probably forgotten those early days:).
Have a look around the forum, ask any questions you want.

Reactions: DaLe-2020

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi, welcome to the club none of us wanted to join :) Glad you’re getting along ok and adjusting well.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
if yano about the dry mouth and bin through it high five

Lol, mate, I still remember pre-dx hoovering down about 7 bottles of American Cream Soda and a few gallons of water each day and still being thirsty!

T1 will throw you a lot of fliers, unexpected results and some moments like, "what the ##**!! just happened there, &×*/\$_, I hate #!*@$€, why the )(%=÷= is this happening to me etc" and every other sweary word on the planet, but at the end of the day, we all figure out quiet ways of dealing with it in our own ways and life carries on remarkably normal.

And that includes eating cake and Chinese buffets. Although I'd steer clear of the sweet and sour sauce...

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hello new here recently diagnosed type 1 diabetic after big weight loss and that constant dry mouth (if yano about the dry mouth and bin through it high five) insulin injections are now apart of my life I think I’ve took to it well.. just branching out to people in the same boat people who haven’t experienced or got diabetes don’t really get what I talk about to them. Initial blood reading was 146mlo come down to relatively normal level now have had a few hypos easy to treat if you catch it early

Welcome to the forums @DaLe-2020

In the signature of each moderator are 3 links that will take you to some useful information to get you started. If you're using a phone to access the site then you may need rotate it into landscape mode to view the signature panels - just a funny quirk of the site!

Good luck

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Welcome, even the closest to you will never completely "get it" !!! They just really can't completely unless they are one.

You see peoples eyes start to glaze over if you start to get into that food is harder to judge because...................