Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My bf said we’ll go to Tesco tonight, so I’ll buy the glucotabs and reorder through Amazon or ebay tomorrow. We need to restock on a few bits, :)

Reactions: WuTwo

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Y'know, we have a three seater sofa and there's only me and two Shih-Tzu that sit on it. How come I'm the one squashed in the middle? And I mean squashed.

My wife & Cairn Terrier fight for supremacy over a 3 seater futon..
The hound will give over for the "pack leader." ;)

Reactions: hh1

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Like a family photo - so we can see their faces
Sure I have! And of the cats and the guinea pigs too! But I can't go fill this whole thread with pages and pages of my pets :(
But here's a pic of Hidde and Wolf :)
51248364_10216799759700660_7900850721929560064_n.jpg

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, no hypos last night or on waking. 7.8 before breafast, I timed fiasp around 15 mins before eating because I picked rice and some veggies. I also had an iced coffee and an apple - I spiked to 10.1. I think that’s progress. :)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Home from brill hols. Poor sugars, but hey it’s a week off. Back on it today.
Just catching up on news @Mel dCP wow! Total admiration would have to be sedated to get me on that.
Also catching up on Partha Kars Twitter where Libre CCG results are out for April. Since new regulations came in. Top 10,
IMG_1560665996.202477.jpg
bottom 10 etc. Basically not good if living in the North East North west pretty good.
IMG_1560665904.221886.jpg

Pictures wrong way order, but you get the idea.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just catching up on news @Mel dCP wow! Total admiration would have to be sedated to get me on that.
Also catching up on Partha Kars Twitter where Libre CCG results are out for April. Since new regulations came in. Top 10, View attachment 33684bottom 10 etc. Basically not good if living in the North East North west pretty good. View attachment 33683
Thats interesting. So if im correct, the top 10 are the good CCGs for prescribing libre sensors to patients?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Also catching up on Partha Kars Twitter where Libre CCG results are out for April. Since new regulations came in. Top 10, View attachment 33684bottom 10 etc. Basically not good if living in the North East North west pretty good. View attachment 33683

Thanks for posting the chart's, I am at number 18.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@becca59 I had a look at his Twitter and I saw the London one and I'm not surprised at Bexley and Greenwich CCG. When I was doing DAFNE in Nov 2018, they still haven't sorted it out. Also the hospital I was at had the A&E closed, downsized the hospital in half and demolished the diabetes centre building to move it into the main hospital. So they are struggling even with the end of postcode lottery, they had to be very selective on who gets libres and who doesn't

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Thanks for posting the chart's, I am at number 18.

My authority is lost somewhere in the gaps. Not surprised. My consultant is brilliant, and the local surgery is OK with carb control/counting (the dsn has a T1 husband) but I do think they're all extremely cost minded.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning and wishing all the lovely dad's a Happy Father's day, also, in my thoughts are the dad's that are no longer here to see, but are always in our hearts <3
I am off to the hospital this morning, Surgery got me an appointment there, because I would have to wait nearly a month to see a GP at my surgery and feeling much better today too.
Take care:)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My authority is lost somewhere in the gaps. Not surprised. My consultant is brilliant, and the local surgery is OK with carb control/counting (the dsn has a T1 husband) but I do think they're all extremely cost minded.

Unfortunately, like most things, it is down to cost :(

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Oh I don't blame them - diabetics are not the only people needing help. There are so many who are so unwell with different things that I totally understand that when the pie gets smaller, everyone gets a smaller slice. It's the way things have to be until the NHS becomes more of a priority for the government.

(Most of whom - I'll bet - have private healthcare and have their problems treated the moment they arise...... and then try and tell us that they understand why we're upset. Oh yeah.....)

Reactions: MeiChanski