Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning all from my pit of germs, but more normal blood sugars, Hooray for that latter one.

@WuTwo - I'm very worried. You moved all the books, now you're moving staircases...

@SueJB - Have a great time at the NEC - I'll wave from the far side of the city.

@Mel dCP - Lots and lots of luck for today.

@MeiChanski - I had it drilled into me on Insulin Day 1 I had to follow up fast acting carbs with some slow - (I'm still waiting for a DAFNE course...) which after much trial and error I've realised I really don't have to do if I want to avoid the rollercoaster. It's just been nigh on impossible training my hypo-brain to stop yelling for all the carbs NOW. But, it's slowly accepting my rational brain might just have a clue about what it's doing, occasionally.

I wanted to tick funny, agree and really agree a lot for your post. Ah well - in my head I did :joyful::joyful:

Reactions: Japes

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning all on a very Sunday Saturday, awoke on a high, feeling so sick and want to sleep, had 4 correction units of Insulin, which is such a lot for me, so I will keep checking.
Hope you all enjoy your weekend:)

Have you caught a bug off the kids? I know it's often the case with adults newly come to working with small kids - schools are bug breeding grounds which have the wonderful side effect of increasing resistance in the kids, but often knock the adults sideways...

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Husband bought himself a boxed set of 24 James Bond films and is busily recording them so he can put them on the server. He loved them all; I can always sew, or read 'cos Bond isn't my hero by a huge, long shot. But - compromise is the name of the game (cue song ......)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@WuTwo @db89 @Mel dCP @Japes @helensaramay I really appreciate it, everyone has put it very concise and I will reconsider those nasty glucotabs - tbh the chalk candy I had as a kid that my brother and I pretended it was cigarettes was not as bad as glucotabs. I have the libre sensor approved by my consultant on Tuesday for the duration of 6months and I have seen the yoyoness which my finger pricks didn't show. Again I document everything on the app, my spread sheet and notepad which my nurse appreciated but my consultant muttered under his breath. :hilarious: Dsn did say I need to get to grips with treating my hypos more efficiently and effectively. My only issue is when i'm too full for the slow carbs, the coke is indeed more managable to drink but I can't eat anything past that. This morning was one exception where I was hungry and made the mistake which led on to a very high level.
I'll have a look at a home bargins location, but it's around £15-20 on amazon for a bulk and I feel thats too many? or never too much to have or keep?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@MeiChanski - my husband's last purchase was 24 assorted tubes and 5 tubs being sold as a job lot on Ebay. They'll last ages. My usual low time, if I'm going to, is not long before lunch (so I bring lunch forward if I'm at home/work and have Glucotabs if I'm out. The other time would be at about 9.30 p.m. and for that it's 1 or 2 Glucotabs followed by an Oreo (or two, if needed).

I start to feel low at about 4 and will treat if I'm in the 3's. At night I want to bring myself up high enough to go to sleep safely, but I know the night basal is bang on the mark to keep me level so I don't need to take my blood too high.

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski - my husband's last purchase was 24 assorted tubes and 5 tubs being sold as a job lot on Ebay. They'll last ages. My usual low time, if I'm going to, is not long before lunch (so I bring lunch forward if I'm at home/work and have Glucotabs if I'm out. The other time would be at about 9.30 p.m. and for that it's 1 or 2 Glucotabs followed by an Oreo (or two, if needed).

I start to feel low at about 4 and will treat if I'm in the 3's. At night I want to bring myself up high enough to go to sleep safely, but I know the night basal is bang on the mark to keep me level so I don't need to take my blood too high.
Ah ha, I forgot about ebay, thank you!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know how to upload data from the freestyle libre app to libre view or is that impossible? :hilarious: Clinic only provided imformation to upload reader to libreview which I only use finger pricks for.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@MeiChanski - all a closed book to me, but I'm sure someone can help!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Never mind, apparently freestyle libre app automaticaly uploads to libreview each time I scan it. But the question is does it show that information to my hospital. EDIT: Oh I saw the uploads, so never mind again. I answered my own question, ehehehhehe
:hilarious::banghead:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You lot and Glucotabs :hilarious::hilarious: I actually like the taste, the black current ones really nice, raspberry ones also nice, orange ones not so great but ok.

Sat here drinking coffee and nibbling Dairy Milk chocholate which is rather nice on a Satuday morning.

@Mel dCP have fun on the zip wire thing and remember not to use the mountain to stop ;) :hilarious:

@MeiChanski also agree with the others, good luck sorting things out :)
You can't sit with us :hilarious:
Thank you :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Apparently ASOS are selling a crop top for men, it's very cropped. I was wonder if any men would buy it. :hilarious:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
This is where I’ll be jumping from later...

977E5D81-F56D-49A1-B9B8-9D4E66AD8C3C.jpeg

@Knikki & @MeiChanski - I quite like the orange ones. Blackcurrant ones are vile. Lemon are quite nice...

Reactions: WuTwo

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is where I’ll be jumping from later...

View attachment 33651

@Knikki & @MeiChanski - I quite like the orange ones. Blackcurrant ones are vile. Lemon are quite nice...
Oh wow, I hope you get a photo before you jump, like a big wave.
I remember the tropical ones were okay. The lemon and orange is a no from me. Classic is okay as well. Blackcurrant, also a no from me. But in desperate times, we'll chew it without regret. :hilarious:

Reactions: Robinredbreast

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Oh wow, I hope you get a photo before you jump, like a big wave.
I remember the tropical ones were okay. The lemon and orange is a no from me. Classic is okay as well. Blackcurrant, also a no from me. But in desperate times, we'll chew it without regret. :hilarious:
Think of it as medicine. It’s not meant to be nice! And don’t use hypos as an excuse for a “treat”, because when you’re in that state you’re too busy shoving it in your face to really enjoy it. Have the treat thing another time and dose for it.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@Mel dCP - whoa! Have fun!

And I totally agree about the meds/treat thing. Treats are sit down and relish every mouthful knowing you've dosed for it. Meds are shove in 'cos you have to.....

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Apparently ASOS are selling a crop top for men, it's very cropped. I was wonder if any men would buy it. :hilarious:

My husband has a bit of a Buddha belly thing going on, so I can't help but feel it wouldn't quite suit him ....

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All glucotabs/dextrosol/glucogel/jelly babies are created in a special place in Hell to rub salt in the wound of having T1. That's all.