Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning and wishing all the lovely dad's a Happy Father's day, also, in my thoughts are the dad's that are no longer here to see, but are always in our hearts <3
I am off to the hospital this morning, Surgery got me an appointment there, because I would have to wait nearly a month to see a GP at my surgery and feeling much better today too.
Take care:)

Guys :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Good morning and wishing all the lovely dad's a Happy Father's day, also, in my thoughts are the dad's that are no longer here to see, but are always in our hearts <3
I am off to the hospital this morning, Surgery got me an appointment there, because I would have to wait nearly a month to see a GP at my surgery and feeling much better today too.
Take care:)

Yeah my lovely dad died when my son was 4 - he's 28 now! I still miss Dad and talk to him in my head. His advice and teaching has stood me in good stead all of my life.

Hope things go well at the hospital :happy:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Although my CCG isn't in the top 10 and Partha Kar hasn't shown all the CCGs. But my consultant despite his poker face gave me the go ahead on the libre senors, which I didn't expect him too. GP surgery doesn't seem too bad here for prescriptions and mental health access isn't too bad either. So it's only a small picture eh? I guess all CCGs prioritise their spending because it is not just us that needs help and attention. But I can see many diabetics fighting tooth and nail for the sensors - which has been the case on this forum, along with pumps. As my dsn said there are diabetics who want it and there are diabetics who are struggling and need it.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh I don't blame them - diabetics are not the only people needing help. There are so many who are so unwell with different things that I totally understand that when the pie gets smaller, everyone gets a smaller slice. It's the way things have to be until the NHS becomes more of a priority for the government.

(Most of whom - I'll bet - have private healthcare and have their problems treated the moment they arise...... and then try and tell us that they understand why we're upset. Oh yeah.....)

My son has a quite a few medical conditions, last year he was having some kind of seizure's, he eventually got blood tests done (when he saw a different GP) and then the GP referred him to the hospital, this was in February. He has an appointment in July !!
My pain management appointment on 28th May, was cancelled 10 minutes before I got to the hospital, I now have a new appointment............... on 27th August, so I will be waiting over 6 months, it's so frustrating and annoying too.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
To all the dads today
FB_IMG_1560668970921.jpg

Reactions: WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Yep. I feel a sort of dumb fury/frustration when I think about what it has become, compared to what it was.

And I know it's treating a huge number of extra conditions etc but there are more of us paying in ....

One thing I did always wonder is whether they could ask a little - and I mean little - contribution for the meals of in-patients. Everyone who is an in-patient would be buying food if they they were at home, and isn't buying their food while they're in hospital, so maybe a little charge just for the food would mean that all the available money in the NHS could go for treatment?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well done @Mel dCP, good on you, I have so much admiration, you're amazing :)
It looks so scary to me, I do not like heights at all ( my daughter had to hold my hand whilst I walked across the glass floor at Spinnaker Tower, honestly it was so scary) :nailbiting:
Maybe put that on my bucket list ? o_O

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yeah my lovely dad died when my son was 4 - he's 28 now! I still miss Dad and talk to him in my head. His advice and teaching has stood me in good stead all of my life.

Hope things go well at the hospital :happy:

This is the 2nd Father's day without my dear dad, I do miss him terribly, sometimes my heart just aches, but I know he wouldn't want me to be sad. I think because I was the one that looked after him, a carer, also visiting him in the care home, dealt with everything, it's like a void. I do have wonderful memories of him <3
20171004_115115.jpg

Happy father's day dad <3 he was 94 when he died X

Reactions: porl69

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Mine was 64 and had promised himself to see Christmas and New Years that year, and he did. He was 63. My age. Seems impossible to me now. He was so young!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski I think the results are to shoe what has gone on since the new guidelines came into force. Basically the results for April. What it does show in my opinion is that some CCGs are still basically not conforming to the guidelines. Dragging their heels.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski I think the results are to shoe what has gone on since the new guidelines came into force. Basically the results for April. What it does show in my opinion is that some CCGs are still basically not conforming to the guidelines. Dragging their heels.
Yep, it is shocking to read up on it :(

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hi everyone I’m back, did you miss me?
That was an interesting few days in the lovely Midlands. Original reason for going was cancelled as the guy was ill so I looked after an also ill (cough cold) grandson while younger daughter, also with a cough cold, went into work to do essentials.
Next day grandson back at school, daughter working from home and I was free to visit a fantastic, inspiring textiles degree show. Oh I want to do that course - and I want lots of the exhibits here in my home!!!!
The highlight of the trip has to be the five hour party on a train just outside Corby. Met lots of lovely people and a great, kind, lovely set of train crew. Don’t know what the East Midlands Trains executives were up to but our party on the train went on for quite a long time. Longer, I think, than it need. Who in their right mind would divert a train along a line already hit by a flood and a landslide?
So I got back to younger daughter’s at midnight, and back home again 24 hours later than planned. Bloods surprisingly good. Thanks to libre, frio (it got a bit stuffy-hot when the carriage had two trains worth of passengers in it), and sufficient supplies to share some food and water. Nearly 50 years of T1 life came good.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone I’m back, did you miss me?
That was an interesting few days in the lovely Midlands. Original reason for going was cancelled as the guy was ill so I looked after an also ill (cough cold) grandson while younger daughter, also with a cough cold, went into work to do essentials.
Next day grandson back at school, daughter working from home and I was free to visit a fantastic, inspiring textiles degree show. Oh I want to do that course - and I want lots of the exhibits here in my home!!!!
The highlight of the trip has to be the five hour party on a train just outside Corby. Met lots of lovely people and a great, kind, lovely set of train crew. Don’t know what the East Midlands Trains executives were up to but our party on the train went on for quite a long time. Longer, I think, than it need. Who in their right mind would divert a train along a line already hit by a flood and a landslide?
So I got back to younger daughter’s at midnight, and back home again 24 hours later than planned. Bloods surprisingly good. Thanks to libre, frio (it got a bit stuffy-hot when the carriage had two trains worth of passengers in it), and sufficient supplies to share some food and water. Nearly 50 years of T1 life came good.
Yes! I was wondering where you have been :( I was thinking maybe holiday, a long trip because you dislike us or you're ignoring us. :hilarious:
Are you better now? That is some trip, the weather has been awful and I pray those who are affected by the floods are okay.

Last edited:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just have to add, there was a game of Chinese Whispers going on in the next carriage - we Brits know how to make the best of a bad situation. The starting words were ‘Is there a conductor on board?’ The last hearer shouted out what he thought it was: ‘Is there a doctor on board?!!’ As the young doctor in our carriage hurried through the crowd I let her know I had glucagon if it was required. Glad it wasn’t!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yes! I was wondering where you have been :( I was thinking maybe holiday, a long trip because you dislike us or you're ignoring us. :hilarious:
Are you better now? That is some trip, the weather has been awful and I pray those who have their places and homes flooded are okay.

Dislike you? Don’t be daft, you’re the people who get what it’s like and get on with life too.
Yes, lots of tough times for people out there, it’s awful if you’re home’s flooded.
I also felt so so sorry for my seat companion who missed his flight home to India and the man at the next table who missed his back home to Cairo. There was also a woman with two small children further down the train who would have found it difficult, and people from the derailed train who had to stand or sit on the tables or the floor. They were very tired by the time we were evacuated.
It was also a bit frightening when we went back through the tunnel: dark, horn sounding, water rising. The water in the second section was above the rails and we feared we’d have to get out and walk back along the tracks, through water and in the dark. Not good.
But the Brit spirit rose in the crisis, embracing the multinational group, at least in the carriage I was in, and we all became instant close friends and quite hysterically cheerful. Except for the poor Egyptian guy who was wondering if he’d ever get home. I hope he did.

Reactions: Antje77

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislike you? Don’t be daft, you’re the people who get what it’s like and get on with life too.
Yes, lots of tough times for people out there, it’s awful if you’re home’s flooded.
I also felt so so sorry for my seat companion who missed his flight home to India and the man at the next table who missed his back home to Cairo. There was also a woman with two small children further down the train who would have found it difficult, and people from the derailed train who had to stand or sit on the tables or the floor. They were very tired by the time we were evacuated.
It was also a bit frightening when we went back through the tunnel: dark, horn sounding, water rising. The water in the second section was above the rails and we feared we’d have to get out and walk back along the tracks, through water and in the dark. Not good.
But the Brit spirit rose in the crisis, embracing the multinational group, at least in the carriage I was in, and we all became instant close friends and quite hysterically cheerful. Except for the poor Egyptian guy who was wondering if he’d ever get home. I hope he did.
I'm glad you're back safe and sound. I have many stories to share with you :D
I too hope they got home okay and have been able to travel safely home too. It's nice to hear that there was no division on your carriage. We need more love like that in this world. Was your diabetes okay in spite of the floods and the train issue?

Reactions: Fairygodmother