Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all!

My name is Hollie, I've just joined the forum.
I've been diabetic now for 12 years. Unfortunately diabulimic and totally burntout for the most part (My hba1c hit 157 and that's when I knew it was time to try a little harder ;) )

I have a little staffie who alerts me to my lows. Home trained as I am hypo-unaware!

Soon making the move, on my own, to live in Spain! :eek:

I'm on MDI of Fiasp and Tresiba, testing using a Accuchek Mobile and Glucometer. Carb ratio of 1:3 / 1:5 (Insulin resistant as heck, hoping to get on Metformin asap, however currently simply eat as minimal carb as possible.)

Would be great to make some Pals to chat to.
:happy::happy::happy:

Edited by Mod

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello! I’ll give you a high five for Tresiba and Fiasp. I was recently prescribed Fiasp, it’s good stuff :) Oh spain? Sounds exciting :eek:

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Welcome to the forum @dolliediabetic. I'm Type 2 so I don't know much about Type 1 but there are a lot of T1s on the forum who will be able to help you with advice and support.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello! I’ll give you a high five for Tresiba and Fiasp. I was recently prescribed Fiasp, it’s good stuff :) Oh spain? Sounds exciting :eek:

I was amazed when I first tried it! My first couple of weeks on it (and with my CGM, miss that thing!) it started working after 15 minutes. It now works after about an hour, but still good stuff! And Tresiba is just a godsend because I usually do it before bed, but if I decide to leave it until the morning, I don't spike :wacky: