JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I am watching John Wayne in what must be his weirdest role ever, a German merchant sea captain sailing off the coast of South America while he "romances a Nazi spy ..."

Oh, well, at least it's keeping me from tackling the files and trying to clear them out!

Sea Chase not his best nor his worst the ship used as the RN destroyer was actually a Canadian frigate HMCS New Glasgow.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I must confess I did finish clearing out the file box ... after sitting on the floor debating whether or not to downsize the tax files to the actual forms or keep the whole lot ... I'm feeling kind of OCD about downsizing for the move that probably won't take place for over a year. I know I will never get it all down to three boxes of stuff, I just wish I could.

Reactions: heh and JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I awoke from a dream this morning in the dream I found myself sitting in my GP's waiting area just prior to going in to see my doctor and there was a lot of friendly chatter going on around me.

Of course when I woke up I knew instantly it was just a dream then felt quite sad as I realised that getting an appointmentment to see my doctor and a waiting room of happy chatty people could only happen in a dream though I suppose the happy chatty people weren't quite so unlikely.

Reactions: heh

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all

We had a great weekend in Eastbourne catching up with our friends.

The weather here is glorious atm.

Hope you are all good.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I awoke from a dream this morning in the dream I found myself sitting in my GP's waiting area just prior to going in to see my doctor and there was a lot of friendly chatter going on around me.

Of course when I woke up I knew instantly it was just a dream then felt quite sad as I realised that getting an appointmentment to see my doctor and a waiting room of happy chatty people could only happen in a dream though I suppose the happy chatty people weren't quite so unlikely.

I wish I could have been in your dream! Happy chat in a doctor's waiting room would have been much nicer than where I was in my dream! :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"Our 30 hours with the president has taken us from Iowa to the Oval." -- narrator on 20/20 tonight.

I realize the narrator means the Oval Office, but why doesn't he just say so? To my knowledge, The Oval is a cricket ground in Kennington, in London. I have never heard the Oval Office referred to as "The Oval" before. :banghead:
lol.gif

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

It's gloriously sunny here this morning, I've hung the washing out :D

Have a good day.

H :)

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
"Our 30 hours with the president has taken us from Iowa to the Oval." -- narrator on 20/20 tonight.

I realize the narrator means the Oval Office, but why doesn't he just say so? To my knowledge, The Oval is a cricket ground in Kennington, in London. I have never heard the Oval Office referred to as "The Oval" before. :banghead:
lol.gif

No wonder your dream scape was not quite so pleasant after watching that, I have heard him described as something of a nightmare.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Got all nostalgic this morning listening to this.

I used to have a Dansette record player my parents bought me for Xmas 1961 and dad used to bring home stacks of records gleaned from the guys who used to change the records in the old juke boxes when he used to do deliveries to certain establishments.

That recording was one of them.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Got all nostalgic this morning listening to this.

I used to have a Dansette record player my parents bought me for Xmas 1961 and dad used to bring home stacks of records gleaned from the guys who used to change the records in the old juke boxes when he used to do deliveries to certain establishments.

That recording was one of them.

Oh we must be of the same generation! I also had a Dansette record player for Christmas 1962 (I think). the first record I bought was Helen Shapiro Walking Back to Happiness. We also used to acquire old juke box records but had to buy the plastic centre pieces for them. I saw Kenny Ball live at the Winter Gardens ballroom in Blackpool. I think I was about 14 at the time, and that was at probably my first ever proper dance. Living in Blackpool was great for live performances of the 1960's era. We saw most of the pop stars of the time.

Reactions: Pipp and heh

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh we must be of the same generation! I also had a Dansette record player for Christmas 1962 (I think). the first record I bought was Helen Shapiro Walking Back to Happiness. We also used to acquire old juke box records but had to buy the plastic centre pieces for them. I saw Kenny Ball live at the Winter Gardens ballroom in Blackpool. I think I was about 14 at the time, and that was at probably my first ever proper dance. Living in Blackpool was great for live performances of the 1960's era. We saw most of the pop stars of the time.
I went to see Emil Ford and Adam faith at Blackpool can't remember what year
Carol

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to see Emil Ford and Adam faith at Blackpool can't remember what year
Carol

Emile Ford was on at the ABC Theatre just up the road from the coffee bar we frequented. We waited outside the stage door for him and the Checkmates to come out, and got their autographs but I didn't see the show. I did see Adam Faith, PJ Proby, and best of all Billy Fury - I was soooooo in love with him. (Still am. Lol)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No wonder your dream scape was not quite so pleasant after watching that, I have heard him described as something of a nightmare.

Actually for a lot of people he has been like a good dream come true; just for one, getting rid of that horrid Obamacare that was a nightmare for many, including a good friend of mine, and threatened to be for me too. That, and Kennedy's physical-fitness school programs, are the only times any change in the White House has trickled down to affect my day-to-day life.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My Nephew is having to move his business head quarters from Manhattan to Santiago for him Trump is a nightmare

Barack Hussein Obama II
1961–
BIRTH 4 AUG 1961 • Honolulu, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
DEATH STILL ALIVE • President
1st cousin 11x removed of husband of 3rd cousin 11x removed

Thankfully the present President does not seem related to me at all so maybe I'm a little biased.

Mind you Lizzie Borden was a seventh cousin and she got away with murder.:angelic:

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
He seems to be a nightmare full stop. Interfering busy body, inconsistent, hypocritical, bully, untrustworthy, treats women like dirt. Obnoxious man.

Reactions: heh and JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Bluetit1802 Do tell it as you see it and I suppose you cant be plainer than that I suppose.

But on a more serious note Andy Murray is making his comeback competitively this Wednesday in my town and I couldn't get a ticket now that's tragic.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Looking at the forecast down here I won't be hanging the washing out today :rolleyes:

Looking at the music you were talking about yesterday it seems some of you are much older than me :D. I loved David Bowie and The Stranglers.

Our new lady started yesterday to replace Judy who left some weeks ago, she is very nice and hopefully she will come back today :hilarious:

Have a good day.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Morning all

Looking at the forecast down here I won't be hanging the washing out today :rolleyes:

Looking at the music you were talking about yesterday it seems some of you are much older than me :D. I loved David Bowie and The Stranglers.

Our new lady started yesterday to replace Judy who left some weeks ago, she is very nice and hopefully she will come back today :hilarious:

Have a good day.

We may be older but we can still read the small print.

And I liked David Bowie and the Stranglers too .

Here it's quite fine
Sun is shining and our washings on the line.

:):)

Reactions: SaskiaKC