Diabetics R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What a horrible weather day it was yesterday, seems a little calmer this morning.
Same here, although still windy. Yersterday the storm upended my almost empty bag, dumping my bag of licorice in a muddy puddle. So I was chomping wet muddy licorice 20 minutes later. Pretty sure that hypo wouldn't have happened if my licorice had stayed dry.
Diabetes thinks it's witty like that.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Was sat out in the back yard this morning at about 7 AM wearing a T shirt in the sunshine with a tassimo costa latte and a cigarette and the bird songs in the background.

Reactions: heh

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today is the first dry day we have had in centuries. I am exhausted after gardening.
@JohnEGreen there is nothing nicer than sitting in the morning sunshine with a cuppa (in my case) and a cigarette, listening to the birds and watching the starlings fighting over the feeders. I did it this morning, and it was lovely.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today is the first dry day we have had in centuries. I am exhausted after gardening.
@JohnEGreen there is nothing nicer than sitting in the morning sunshine with a cuppa (in my case) and a cigarette, listening to the birds and watching the starlings fighting over the feeders. I did it this morning, and it was lovely.
This weekend we managed to go to our summer house for the first time this year. I have been looking forward to it for ages, just going away from it all and switching off for a bit. Even managed my first swim in the sea.
20190609_141155.jpg

Reactions: heh

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the hugs!
So I was chomping wet muddy licorice 20 minutes later. Pretty sure that hypo wouldn't have happened if my licorice had stayed dry.
Diabetes thinks it's witty like that.
But actually I more or less agreed with diabetes that it was pretty funny. And a bit of muddy licorice has never hurt anyone. Besides, the taste of licorice was much stronger than the mud.
I did buy a new bag though.

Reactions: Bluetit1802 and heh

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Of course you can't. Which makes @Bluetit1802 's granddaughter and her not-boyfriend very sensible people to see how they like eachother in real life before making commitments or even viewing it as a relationship!
Just a thought for a while now Keiran has had a girl following him on Instagram sending him photos of herself and asking for tips on working out in the Gym he takes it in good part. But his mum is watching love island on the tv and it seems she is the latest addition to the cast.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

It's a very grim Monday - dark, wet & miserable out there. Looks like I could be walking to work in the rain :(

We have a new lady starting at work today, she will be doing "Mummy hours" in the sales department.

Have a good day.

H :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Been raining hard all day and only 12 degrees C so cold and wet here.:(

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Light rain here and 26 degrees. I really should be doing some house cleaning but I got sidetracked with phone calls about apartments and area senior services, and now it's time for lunch.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning I met up and had a long lazy coffee or three with an old colleague and friend. It has been 6 years since we last had a meet up and it was lovely. We are repeating this later this summer. My 19 year old car refused to start, but after a jump start with leads from hubby's car, it was fine. It is now on a full 24 hour charge. Then home and lunch, then gardening. Clearing weeds and overgrown things that have appeared from nowhere. Heartily sick of geraniums throwing out seeds that develop so fast and grow out of the roots areas of my other plants, strangling them. Then our next door neighbour invited us round for a glass of wine in her garden. It was white wine but hey! It was wine. She is a widow, aged 81, very sprightly and alert, but so lonely and missing her husband. Then more gardening and a walk round the block with Ness. Soon be tea time. Nothing fancy tonight. A fry and grill up. It still hasn't rained.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's fine Mummy then goes home and puts her feet up :angelic:
Carol

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

That's fine Mummy then goes home and puts her feet up :angelic:
Carol
You'll be surprised how many Mummys want to work those hours that can't work full time.

The rain has stopped and the sun is shining this morning.

Have a good day.

H :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Has been raining all night and the rain lashing against the bedroom window was so loud it woke me up several times and it's about 10 degrees C here so cold and wet again.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nasty and horrid weather here. Raining but nothing heavy, but blimey, the wind is bending the trees and blowing stuff over. What a difference from yesterday.