Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Hey all sorry not been on few days. Had diabetes nurse ring up today. She was pleased with my readings so far.

I'm not surprised; you're doing great!

Reactions: Delticmatt100

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys. Saw my gp yesterday as a general follow up from my discharge few days ago. He was concerned about how I’m type 1 diagnosed at 41 when he said should been much younger. So he’s sending me for X-ray on my Pancras to see how well it’s functioning. He reckons my pneumonia I had might caused my Pancras to slow down. So not sure if I’m needing insulin or not. Will let u know once X-ray date is set.

Oh please! I was 54 the GP needs to do some research. Not to say your pneumonia might not have caused problems. But GPs saying this worry me. Mine thought the same and I ended up in hospital because of his assumptions about age related diagnosis.

Reactions: Knikki and porl69

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Well, my brain managed to function somehow and I am nearly done with the accounts I started today. Just one, fairly small section to go and then the poor hapless assistant gets to scan the lot (hundreds of pages......) ready for me to submit them to the accountant, for her to work her magic. But it all balances!

I work at this one all year, so today was just the final balance sheet but it's a total beeeyatch!

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys my humalog coming to the end. I got other infridge as directed have to keep them cool. When I take new one from fridge can I use straight away or do I need to let it warm up a bit ?

Reactions: kitedoc

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I use 'em straight from the fridge but I know some people say it's painful. All I can say is suck it and see, so to speak.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys my humalog coming to the end. I got other infridge as directed have to keep them cool. When I take new one from fridge can I use straight away or do I need to let it warm up a bit ?
You can use it straight away. Some people do find that cold insulin from the fridge can sting a bit when injecting.
You look fairly tough so you should be good.:)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I do agree with the logic and the idea; it's just that in practice it never works for me. I find - always to my surprise - that I'm part way through an injection and my pen has run out! So I grab the next thingy from the fridge, whack it in the pen, air shoot and then inject what I truly hope is the balance outstanding...

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Clearly you’ve never sat through one of my dad’s sermons when he used some anecdote about our family... death would have been preferable :facepalm:

I agreed, because whilst I'm not clergy family, current clergyperson has used me anecdotally and it drives me mad if done without asking first. (Words have been exchanged on more than one occasion.)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all. Had a play with my basal settings thru the night again and seemed to have sorted it, well for the next few days anyway.
Sending big ((HUGS)) to those dieing of the liturgy

I regularly die of the liturgy! But I'm a bit geeky that way...

Reactions: porl69

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Emerged from my pit of germs, more or less won the blood sugars battles, (upped basal a bit, worked on Sunday Morning doubling of bolus for everything else, hoping to be back to more usual doses soon.

Returned to work to discover most of the students have been off as well, and we all came back today!

Remind me next time I'm ill enough to do nothing more demanding than binge watch mindless TV, that watching the whole of "The Thorn Birds" is no more good for me than binge eating all the chocolate in the house!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Talking of clergymen and the like, have you seen this latest “research” https://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/201...uld-be-used-to-predict-diabetes-96330770.html
I wondered what to make of the bit "people using the words 'God' and 'pray' were 15 times more likely to have diabetes".

How very odd. I had noted we have an extraordinarily high number of T2s at my church, (and I'd realised that before I was diagnosed either time) but wouldn't have put it down to being people who use those words. I do know I'm one of the rare non-T2s registered at my surgery, and the DSN I used to see did comment once she wasn't used to T2s in our area who took control of diet/exercise, and take it as seriously as I did in my T2 days.

Come to that, most of my church don't know about Facebook, they leave all that to me!

Last edited:

Gaffer type 1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Food lol
Hi all
Been T1 for 2 weeks now, T2 for 2 years had my opportunity to turn things around but obviously I didn't.
In the afternoon last 3 days had hypo 4.1, my Job Is physical so needed a slurp of oj to bring me bak up.
Should I incorporate a bit more carb or sugar for my lunch.
Bolus 4 units, x3
Basal 10 units..

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hey guys. Saw my gp yesterday as a general follow up from my discharge few days ago. He was concerned about how I’m type 1 diagnosed at 41 when he said should been much younger. So he’s sending me for X-ray on my Pancras to see how well it’s functioning. He reckons my pneumonia I had might caused my Pancras to slow down. So not sure if I’m needing insulin or not. Will let u know once X-ray date is set.
Hiho @Deltic I was 64. Gp is obviously ilinformed

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I wondered what to make of the bit "people using the words 'God' and 'pray' were 15 times more likely to have diabetes".
I guess English speaking Christians are more likely to get diabetes and I may have been misdiagnosed as I do not use those words on facebook!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all
Been T1 for 2 weeks now, T2 for 2 years had my opportunity to turn things around but obviously I didn't.
In the afternoon last 3 days had hypo 4.1, my Job Is physical so needed a slurp of oj to bring me bak up.
Should I incorporate a bit more carb or sugar for my lunch.
Bolus 4 units, x3
Basal 10 units..

Hello, @Gaffer type 1 from someone else who was originally diagnosed T2 (2.5 years) and is now LADA.

It's not so much a case of you failing to turn things round, it's more a case of no amount of controlling with diet/exercise is going to work for T1/LADA if that's the diagnosis. And believe me, I tried so hard to do that.... ultimately getting the diagnosis right, and the treatment right was such a relief.

Are you on the fixed doses for bolus just now? When I was first on insulin and on fixed doses I tended to have a snack mid-morning or afternoon if there was loads of physical activity in my day, and had hypo fixes nearby with my test kit. Once I could adjust my doses, I cut back on the bolus rather than add in more food.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Man flu????? you have no idea just how bad such a thing can be :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

But I like to share my lurgy so I'm glad you are enjoying it.

And as you can guess, yep like a really bad smell, I'm still around :D

Meh. It was a horrible lurgy!! But glad you're still around even if I've not quite forgiven you and my students for sharing so generously. Japes-flu - that's what I've had!!!