Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning <sniff> everyone <cough>
I am officially fed up with my cough and cold and feeling sorry for myself.
BG was high during the night so I have now increased my basal to 175% and finally seeing numbers in the 5s and 6s. I am a tad concerned I am rage basalling or I may be experiencing Fiasp instability again. Sometimes, there are too many parameters to work out what is going on.
My pump needs changing tomorrow so I will start a new Fiasp vial and try to discount that as the problem ... although my cold may be getting better by then so I may never know. Grrrr.

@MeiChanski Unfortunately, ignorance is all around, I saw someone on a diabetes forum describing type 1 as the type of diabetes you have since birth!
@Mel dCP trust a teacher to describe "weird" as "special". I guess the same can be said about someone who crochets pancreases

Anyone seen @Knikki ? I would like to thank him for my lurgy but he seems to be hiding or maybe his lurgy has turned into full blown man flu.
Could we have a facepalm emoji please?
I hope you get better soon :(

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have had an uncomfortable couple of days with some kind of stomach bug though it hasn't really affected bg; I assume it was a bug as I wouldnt expect something I'd eaten to last so long. Who knows, just happy to be starting to feel better if a bit wiped out.
@helensaramay hope you feel better soon,seems to have been going on a long time.
@Mel dCP your zip wire looked awesome, am envious!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have had an uncomfortable couple of days with some kind of stomach bug though it hasn't really affected bg; I assume it was a bug as I wouldnt expect something I'd eaten to last so long. Who knows, just happy to be starting to feel better if a bit wiped out.
@helensaramay hope you feel better soon,seems to have been going on a long time.
@Mel dCP your zip wire looked awesome, am envious!
Hugs

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning <sniff> everyone <cough>
I am officially fed up with my cough and cold and feeling sorry for myself.
BG was high during the night so I have now increased my basal to 175% and finally seeing numbers in the 5s and 6s. I am a tad concerned I am rage basalling or I may be experiencing Fiasp instability again. Sometimes, there are too many parameters to work out what is going on.
My pump needs changing tomorrow so I will start a new Fiasp vial and try to discount that as the problem ... although my cold may be getting better by then so I may never know. Grrrr.

@MeiChanski Unfortunately, ignorance is all around, I saw someone on a diabetes forum describing type 1 as the type of diabetes you have since birth!
@Mel dCP trust a teacher to describe "weird" as "special". I guess the same can be said about someone who crochets pancreases

Anyone seen @Knikki ? I would like to thank him for my lurgy but he seems to be hiding or maybe his lurgy has turned into full blown man flu.
Hugs

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
General hugfest! Yayayay - share the bugs, weaken the strain!

Reactions: hh1 and MeiChanski

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@WuTwo
Just out of interest, have you found a vegan white chocolate that is tasty available in supermarkets? I haven't been able to find a place locally that sells the white chocolate vego one. This girl loves white chocolate, heheheh. :hilarious:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Well, I didn’t get any work today, which has come as a bit of a relief, tbh. As much as I could do with the money, I also need to recover from the weekend - back is still a bit sore.

@WuTwo & @MeiChanski - came across a vegan health food shop called “Vegonia” in Porthmadog, North Wales yesterday, so stocked up on a few bits - nooch, aminos and ginger kombucha. Didn’t notice any white chocolate, because it’s vile :D

Hugs for everyone who could do with one ❤️

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
rage basaling - Ha Love it! :D

Yesterday I was sailing along quiet nicely, and then had lasagne for tea/dinner/supper.........one day I will get it just right! the good news is I didn't over treat the low so went to bed on a good 6.6 only to wake on a 3.4 :banghead:

Reactions: Kim Possible

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, I didn’t get any work today, which has come as a bit of a relief, tbh. As much as I could do with the money, I also need to recover from the weekend - back is still a bit sore.

@WuTwo & @MeiChanski - came across a vegan health food shop called “Vegonia” in Porthmadog, North Wales yesterday, so stocked up on a few bits - nooch, aminos and ginger kombucha. Didn’t notice any white chocolate, because it’s vile :D

Hugs for everyone who could do with one ❤️
I loveeeee nooooch, sprinkle that baby on everything.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all. Had a play with my basal settings thru the night again and seemed to have sorted it, well for the next few days anyway.
Sending big ((HUGS)) to those dieing of the liturgy

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
You've gotta love autocorrects ... the church may have a bad rep in some areas but I wouldn't accuse worship of killing :)

Whereas the lurgy is definitely out to get me!
Clearly you’ve never sat through one of my dad’s sermons when he used some anecdote about our family... death would have been preferable :facepalm:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@WuTwo
Just out of interest, have you found a vegan white chocolate that is tasty available in supermarkets? I haven't been able to find a place locally that sells the white chocolate vego one. This girl loves white chocolate, heheheh. :hilarious:

No. And I think it would be a gross out for me - too sweet. I like very dark, very not sweet chocolate. But if I do come across one I'll let you know.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Afternoon,
Feel as though I've been a bit of a misery guts recently sorry everyone. Anyway, gave myself a kick and made some veg dip for lunch to go with the salad. Less than 10g and super yum
Quick test afterwards 2.7!!
Stuff face with 2 M&S super lush biscuits now riding high at 14.7
Do I correct and face another potential hypo?
So much for trying to get to the positive me. Does it ever normalise? Feel like pants! Fed up and just don't know how you guys have dealt with this for so many years. Respect

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@WuTwo Thank you! I guess you are like my bf, he doesn’t like chocolate that is sweet so he enjoys dark chocolate. I’m a bit of a sweet tooth
@SueJB Sending you hugs! You could try the dextrose tabs and make a note how many 2-3 tabs raise you by, or see how many levels 10g of fast acting carbs raise you by. I did something similar three nights ago, but I’ve tamed it since. I hope you feel better soon

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
@SueJB, oh yes, it’s an utter pita when good resolutions lead to a fall, but don’t despair. Helen’s advice is what I’d give too, and even then there are occasions when the usual correction dose of carb or insulin doesn’t behave quite as it’s expected to. It just takes a little longer to get it right.
Have you got a Libre yet? It’s great for tracking the ups and downs and seeing the effects of eating and dosing.
Hope the BG learns how to follow commands by the end of the afternoon.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could I say no two meals are the same, I had the same food this morning and spiked really badly. Now I had it again and I’m not spiking but going in the opposite direction.