Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Ohhhh is it good with apple crumble though? :hilarious:

Oh yes! And with slightly stale cake that you've warmed through (vry gently) in the microwave so that it goes moist again......

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh yes! And with slightly stale cake that you've warmed through (vry gently) in the microwave so that it goes moist again......
I haven't found a vegan apple pie, other than mcdonalds apple pie. Now I want :hilarious:

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
Not always a meat lovers dream - I’d like a pet brown cow with creamy horns and a big pink snout so I can brush it’s hair and boop it’s snoot. It’ll live in my garage
On the large side for a garage you would have to kick the car out. :D

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’ve never read of any studies about this. So I think your strategy is great, provided you minimise the frequency and severity of your hypos ( as someone who was eating jelly beans at 4am last night, this can be tricky).
Well on the hypo front, I only drop below three about once every three months, and only below four once or twice a week - my bg doesn’t change rapidly so I can head off a hypo before it happens :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was correct in identifying the type of cow I wanted - Highland cows - one with the longest fringe please so I can give it a middle parting :hilarious:

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
What you are saying @MeldCP makes perfect sense. I think perhaps the key thing in this article is the paragraph that offers suggestions as to why a low HBA1C increases all cause mortality. The hypotheses focus on hypoglycaemic side effects, effects which nonT1D s don’t encounter, which is why their ideal HBA1C is 5.4. So in theory if a T1D can achieve a low HBA1C without experiencing hypoglycaemia then all should be good. The next logical question is at what levels does this inflammation occur (surely not between 3.5-4.0). I’ve never read of any studies about this. So I think your strategy is great, provided you minimise the frequency and severity of your hypos ( as someone who was eating jelly beans at 4am last night, this can be tricky). Cheers Leeanne
Perhaps get the book or ebook of Dr Bernstein's Diabetes Solution. That is where your question can be answered, well at least one way. (from a fellow Aussie).

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Had to nip back to the office - left my phone on my desk! Can't cope without it - my diabetes app is on there, and at night it's my music box, where I watch Netflix & Prime and play sudoku. Be lost without it!

Reactions: Daphne917

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had to nip back to the office - left my phone on my desk! Can't cope without it - my diabetes app is on there, and at night it's my music box, where I watch Netflix & Prime and play sudoku. Be lost without it!
I think I'd panic too to be honest, from libre app to telephone numbers to my baby cousin photos - oh she is the sweetest and such a happy baby.

I use to troll my dad with a song that goes "where my phone? where my keys?" because he is at an age where he is forgetful :hilarious:

Reactions: Robinredbreast

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I think I'd panic too to be honest, from libre app to telephone numbers to my baby cousin photos - oh she is the sweetest and such a happy baby.

I use to troll my dad with a song that goes "where my phone? where my keys?" because he is at an age where he is forgetful :hilarious:

I think I was more just racing out of there as fast as I possibly could, before the boss said the words "Before you go, could you just ......"

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I hafta to say - the chickpeas in marinade that I served in my lunch salad bowl were amazing! I am thankful every time I use one of her recipes!

meals in a bowl

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had the same chickpeas salad, with a side of rice crackers and an apple. Now I’m spending a few hours cleaning my keyboard. If anyone has a mechanical keyboard, they’ll know how many additional keys we have to clean.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I just had the one tablespoonful, because the chopped veggies already have sunflower seeds, parmegan and walnut oil dumped on top. Add the chickpeas too (I put them on in a little pile) and it was just the tang it needed.

And - happily - the hefty set of accounts have gone for copying/scanning. Yippee!! I have two lots to plough through next week and then I think the boss is on holiday. That's my annual tidy-up, catch up filing, get things back in order time.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Squish it in - and yes it does. It's like playing with very soft playdough.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

That's excellent! Much more where you want it to be :)