Type 1'stars R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
In for an interesting evening, bg-wise. I'll pick up my aunts at 7:30 and we'll go for a quick dinner somewhere, directly followed by an at least 2 hour car drive to drop them off somewhere else and get back home.
Usually when eating out I guesstimate my insulin on the high side and keep something sweet at hand in the following hours to prevent shooting high from hidden carbs. Which obviously isn't the smartest approach when having to drive.
I'll let you know how it ended and am looking forward to going out for dinner!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In for an interesting evening, bg-wise. I'll pick up my aunts at 7:30 and we'll go for a quick dinner somewhere, directly followed by an at least 2 hour car drive to drop them off somewhere else and get back home.
Usually when eating out I guesstimate my insulin on the high side and keep something sweet at hand in the following hours to prevent shooting high from hidden carbs. Which obviously isn't the smartest approach when having to drive.
Have a good evening!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@WuTwo
I’ll have a cheeky shop on Amazon ;)

Would it be cheeky if I drag my bf out now to go to Ikea for small bits of furniture? (I’ve been begging to go since March for their vegan dogs and Oatly mango drink)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Hope it goes well @Antje77 - nice to go out for a meal :hungry: And really good to be helping your aunts!

Reactions: Robinredbreast

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@WuTwo
I’ll have a cheeky shop on Amazon ;)

Would it be cheeky if I drag my bf out now to go to Ikea for small bits of furniture? (I’ve been begging to go since March for their vegan dogs and Oatly mango drink)

Not at all - tell him you deserve and you'll think of why later on .....

Reactions: Robinredbreast

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

You do you, whatever keeps you safe :)
Let us know what you will be having :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

You know some men have this ability to block out whatever the females have to say. My bf blocks out until I mention food.

In that case it's a promise to cook a very favourite meal if, and only if, you get to go to Ikea! No Ikea - dinner you like and he doesn't.

Reactions: MeiChanski

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Catch more flies with honey than vinegar......

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In that case it's a promise to cook a very favourite meal if, and only if, you get to go to Ikea! No Ikea - dinner you like and he doesn't.

Hehehe, great minds think alike. I was thinking somewhere on the lines of no ikea, no talk

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Never mind, I was ready to leave and thought to send them a message I was on my way when I noticed her message said friday...
So all the anticipation turns out to be for tomorrow and I've got to be creative in the kitchen once again as I didn't buy dinner things. I expect roasted chickpeas will be part of my scrambled together meal, as I did buy the chickpeas I wanted to try yesterday :)

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For first time ever, drum roll please, yesterday my Libre had me in target for 24 hours. 100%, perfection, etc. And even beyond that for the next 8 hours I was also in target range. 4.5--8.0

Woke up to a decent 5.6, had the same brekkie as yesterday, at same time, took same amount of insulin via my pump, did the same things sat at a desk in front of spreadsheets. 2 hours later I had spiked to 13.7. ***:banghead::banghead::banghead:. Got it back on track now with a correction dose

Just when you think you have it cracked........ Putting it down to wearing blue boxer shorts yesterday and black ones today:angelic::angelic:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For first time ever, drum roll please, yesterday my Libre had me in target for 24 hours. 100%, perfection, etc. And even beyond that for the next 8 hours I was also in target range. 4.5--8.0

Woke up to a decent 5.6, had the same brekkie as yesterday, at same time, took same amount of insulin via my pump, did the same things sat at a desk in front of spreadsheets. 2 hours later I had spiked to 13.7. ***:banghead::banghead::banghead:. Got it back on track now with a correction dose

Just when you think you have it cracked........ Putting it down to wearing blue boxer shorts yesterday and black ones today:angelic::angelic:

So you didn't change your socks then?!?!?!

Well done on the 130% perfection though!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Brilliant - and the 13.7's obviously what you get for success :arghh:

Reactions: smc4761

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Himself always comes in and asks me (at least twice) whether I had a good day and then proceeds to tell me about the frustrations of his day.
On Tuesday he came in asked if I had a good day and I told him I felt rubbish and my BG was so high I decided to change my pump set. His response was "That's good!" and before I had a chance to explain why it is not good, he dumped his work complaints onto me.
At least I think he did but I stopped listening after 5 minutes!

He is better at listening once he has completed his download. I think his RAM is full and can't take any more until it has been transferred to a larger disk (me) with some compression (ignoring) en route.

Oh wow, with my bf he listens with 50% attention sometimes. It can be frustrating, like last week or so I explained I put in my prescription for a clinical sharps bin to dump my test strips and needles. Fast forward to few days ago I asked him to pick it up, go to the pharmacy for glucotabs and go to the shop next door for coke. He asked “why do you need the bin? Whats the bin for?”
He shuts off when I have eyes on, in his perspective, unnecessary items, but this girl has to have some muji storage for her desk, right? Or more books
To some extent I’m glad he listens, sometimes.

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys. Need advice. Coming to end of my first Humalog insulin. Do I put the insulin in the bin or in the sharps box?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Only needles in the sharps box.

And, if you ever change it, the lancet in your finger stabber.

I did mine last year *is proud*

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't send sterling - the exchange rate will have changed by the time it gets there and you'll still owe them :rolleyes:

Strangely enough comming back on the ferry. There was an announcement that trading would cease for ten minutes?

Later I went down to the bar to get a cold soft drink. (Driver.) the guy getting served next to me handed over the euros for his beer & the barman informed him the tariff had increased by 5 cents... o_O

Reactions: WuTwo