Pre-school MMR booster.

Rocky Racoon

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

Does anyone have any thoughts on a connection between pre-school MMR booster and T1D?

I have a son diagnosed aged 6. Now my youngest son is about to get his MMR booster and I am worried about it.

Thanks.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I have T1, my daughter does not she had all her vaccinations. I do not believe vaccines cause T1 or increase the risk. I have seen no evidence to support a theory that vaccine induces T1.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
There is no historical recorded co-relation between the MMR vaccine and t1 diabetes..........however there is plenty of historical co-relation records of the damage done by the three illnesses causing the following
1) Measles can cause blindness and deafness
2) Mumps in both sexes can cause infertility
3)Rubella can and does cause damage to a foetus if the mother comes into contact with a person who has German Measles within the first 12 weeks
And in the worst case scenario they can cause death........though some schools will not accept children who are not vaccinated.....personally I wouldn't hesitate in getting my child vaccinated against all three.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1) Measles can cause blindness and deafness
Measles also kills. It can kill straight away, or cause an encephalitis which slowly kills over 20 years. I know of a lady whose daughter slowly died from this, after catching measles when too young to be vaccinated.20 years of suffering and death from the late effects of measles is little known these days.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...-and-deaths-in-england-and-wales-1940-to-2013
measles-notifications-and-deaths-in-england-and-wales-1940-to-2016. The link says it all, really. .

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There's been a very big long-term observational study done somewhere in Scandinavia (pos Denmark) looking at kids which got their vaccines vs those which didn't. No correlation with autism or any other disease found I believe. Google should lead you to study summary.