Is there such a thing as egg-free lo-dough?

Guna108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I saw a post on one of the other forums asbout Lo-dough pizzas. Unfortunately for me and my family, it has egg-white in it. Do any of you know of a similar product that does not have eggs in it and is suitable for vegetarians? I would find a product like that really time saving.

Guna108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I found this online that might do -

https://www.sweetashoney.co/keto-bread-loaf-no-eggs-low-carb/[URL]https://www.sweetashoney.co/keto-bread-loaf-no-eggs-low-carb/[/URL]

but it isn't ready-made, it's a recipe. At the very end of the page the recipe says:

"I recommend you preslice all your loaf – I usually get 16 slices from this recipe. Store your bread in the fridge in an airtight plastic box or airtight zip bag. You can also freeze you bread up to 3 month. I like to freeze my bread slices into a zip plastic bag and defrost my slice the day before on the bencI recommend you preslice all your loaf – I usually get 16 slices from this recipe. Store your bread in the fridge in an airtight plastic box or airtight zip bag. You can also freeze you bread up to 3 month. I like to freeze my bread slices into a zip plastic bag and defrost my slice the day before.

This makes me think it would be convenient to use, as you just defrost what you want to use. Also, if you rolled it thin, you could use it as a pizza dough but you'd need to test cook a few for timing, crispiness etc.

I don't know many low carb ready made foods I'm afraid. I tend to home-cook as much as I can because then I know exactly what's in my food.

Guna108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wrote to the company and got this answer. I hope they do find a way to make an eggless version. It will save people so much time. Well, it cheered me up a bit as I finish the last of the school reports this lunch time :)
Hi Guna,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, Lo-Dough is not suitable for Vegans as it contains dried free range egg white.

We are looking to do an egg-free version if at all possible. At present, there is no viable egg white substitute on the market that has the properties to make Lo-Dough work.

We're still working on a vegan formula so watch this space.

Please let me know if you require any additional information.

Many thanks,

Aaqib Uppal - Customer Experience Manager

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I make pizza at home a lot with tortillas, it's just easy and handy to keep them frozen for use.
Here is a recipe for a low carb egg free tortilla recipe

https://www.ruled.me/low-carb-tortillas/

But they make low carb egg free tortillas that you can buy in the US that are only 3 carbs per tortilla, The trick is the low carb ones add a lot of fiber to them. (I usually buy whole wheat sprouted tortillas to make my pizza at home but they are not low carb).