Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you don’t mind the thickeners in the sauce, I guess it is not as carby as sweet and sour sauce.
Tofu - stir fried with veggies
Seitan or tempeh
Salt pepper tofu, seitan, veggies etc - you have to ask if its battered.
I think most of their veggie dishes are fine.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Crispy seaweed might be fine without tje fish flakes on top. Real seaweed is too expensive, it’s mostly fried cabbage of some sort with seasoning - salt, sugar, msg.
Make sure they don’t come after me for spilling takeaway secrets.

Reactions: WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Okay - curry it is - thank you!! (I'll ask them when I phone in).

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Crispy seaweed might be fine without tje fish flakes on top. Real seaweed is too expensive, it’s mostly fried cabbage of some sort with seasoning - salt, sugar, msg.
Make sure they don’t come after me for spilling takeaway secrets.

I like that!

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Their menu seems limited, compared to my parent’s menu. I was expecting they serve tofu but I guess not.
Unbattered salt and pepper, not too much chilli, mushrooms is pretty good.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I could go with my own cauli rice, mushroom something or other in a sauce and the not-real seaweed. I love mushrooms!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I could go with my own cauli rice, mushroom something or other in a sauce and the not-real seaweed. I love mushrooms!

Sounds perfect :)
If you like water chest nuts and bamboo shoots, those are pretty good.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I do, and beansprouts :hungry:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

At this rate our meal will be an absolute feast!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

If I could bring myself to leave pizza when we have it, I love cold pizza for brekkie. Trouble is bbq jackfruit pizza is gorgeous and I stuff every mouthful.... *is greedy*

I tend not to leave Chinese food .......

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If I could bring myself to leave pizza when we have it, I love cold pizza for brekkie. Trouble is bbq jackfruit pizza is gorgeous and I stuff every mouthful.... *is greedy*

I tend not to leave Chinese food .......

I think we’d make a nice friendship. I love cold pizza too, my bf however has to reheat it.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just got an email to say my RileyLink is on its way! So I can set up my Loop for real very soon :) And I found a tiny purple cat purse that’ll be perfect to stash it in :cat:

Tried jackfruit the other day and it turns out I’m flippin’ allergic to it :(

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Just got an email to say my RileyLink is on its way! So I can set up my Loop for real very soon :) And I found a tiny purple cat purse that’ll be perfect to stash it in :cat:

Tried jackfruit the other day and it turns out I’m flippin’ allergic to it :(

Hug and Like?

Jackfruit - that is such a shame!

Loop - yayayaya!!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hug and Like?

Jackfruit - that is such a shame!

Loop - yayayaya!!
Yeah, my lips and mouth went all tingly, and my throat swelled a little. Like very mild anaphylaxis. I did a little research and apparently it’s not uncommon in people with a birch pollen allergy. I’m not aware of being allergic to that, but I react to so many things that I wasn’t terribly surprised :(

But LOOOOOOP!!!! :borg: