Marina coil and sugars

Becca1995

Any female type 1 have problems with there sugars since having a marina coil inserted.. I'm constantly having pains in my side and sugars seems to be going high all the time... can anyone help please please I'm worried iv had the coil 5 years and just wondering do I have it replaced or not

Reactions: Marie 2

Caroline2

Hi becca , sorry I dont have an answer for you , ive just joined up but im wondering can you tell me how I go about posting a question please ?

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Hopefully someone comes along that's familiar with it. But I would suggest seeing a doctor about the pains as it could be anything and it's better to get it checked out. Hormone changes by the way can cause a variance in BG's.

Becca1995

Hi becca , sorry I dont have an answer for you , ive just joined up but im wondering can you tell me how I go about posting a question please ?
If you click on diabetes.co.uk/forum and click on ask question it should take you to a page and you should be able to post your questions... hope this helps as I'm new too x.

Becca1995

Hopefully someone comes along that's familiar with it. But I would suggest seeing a doctor about the pains as it could be anything and it's better to get it checked out. Hormone changes by the way can cause a variance in BG's.
Thank you, I'll pop to the docs in the morning x

Rose22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Any female type 1 have problems with there sugars since having a marina coil inserted.. I'm constantly having pains in my side and sugars seems to be going high all the time... can anyone help please please I'm worried iv had the coil 5 years and just wondering do I have it replaced or not
Hello, I had the Mirena Coil for 2 years and just had it removed in an attempt to shift the bloat and weight I’ve gained since having it, as I’m trying get my hba1c down. I wasnt able to wear any rings on my hands whole time had it... drs said not connected. I’m waiting see over next few months if it all settles and I can wear them again once water retention gone. My blood sugars where higher! I kept at pre diabetic level for 3 years, had the Coil and went type 2. Dr said to try with it out and see, as I said I need make getting diabetes under control a priority. Have to say though for the reasons I was advised to have it in, to help minimise bleeding and pain each month it worked! It’s been amazing! So was a really tough decision getting it removed. I totally sympathise! I thought to myself can try and see, can always get back in or dr said they’d refer me to gyn. I had never noticed the connection with coil and diabetes..no one ever mentioned it? I was running numbers of waking 10 up to 23, which I’ve never had, and felt poorly with it. Now this week I’ve had 6-10 so already a vast change. I’m going keep testing and see whether bs levels stay lower. Good luck with deciding what to do.
Pains in side... kidney? Uti? Ovary? Would ask dr to check it out if still having pains.