Fasting blood levels

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
My fbg in the mornings are quite higher recently been used to readings between 5.0 and 5.7 for a while but they have been reading around 6 to 6.5 for the last few mornings . Hardly any carbs being eaten in the day . Can anyone shed light on this . Does to much protein produce glucose I eat a lot of cheese and meat and creamy coffee along with eggs and nuts . Just need to understand what’s going on so I can remedy this . I know it’s DP but I’m having a creamy coffee and a lump of cheddar before bed about 10 pm

M

Member496333

Protein is mildly insulinogenic and can cause elevated fasting glucose in those who are very insulin resistant or just unlucky. So possibly yes.

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Protein is mildly insulinogenic and can cause elevated fasting glucose in those who are very insulin resistant or just unlucky. So possibly yes.
But I’ve been basically been eating the same stuff most days for ages . Things have been great until the last week or so . . I might try having a fast between brekkie and dinner see what happens . Just so peeed off when you see 6s after months of 5s . I know there’s people with s lot higher that say . I wish I had 6.1 or 6.4 but I’m just not used to seeing them anymore

M

Member496333

But I’ve been basically been eating the same stuff most days for ages . Things have been great until the last week or so . . I might try having a fast between brekkie and dinner see what happens . Just so peeed off when you see 6s after months of 5s . I know there’s people with s lot higher that say . I wish I had 6.1 or 6.4 but I’m just not used to seeing them anymore

Sure thing. Sometimes these things happen. Could be multifactorial. Could be something as simple as your body fighting an unseen infection. I wouldn’t be too disheartened in the medium term. We’ve all been there :)

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
I've been seeing FBGs in 5, 6 and up to 7 recently with no apparent reason. 16 hour fast every day, carbs rarely above 20g and nothing changed with my usual eating routine just pesky higher BG readings! The last 2 days though I have had very low calorie intake (>1000) having extended my fasting in preparation for blood tests - that seems to have done it for me as my FBG is now back in the 4s. Might be worth try?

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sure thing. Sometimes these things happen. Could be multifactorial. Could be something as simple as your body fighting an unseen infection. I wouldn’t be too disheartened in the medium term. We’ve all been there :)
Cheers for the reply bud . Needed a bit of reassurance

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I've been seeing FBGs in 5, 6 and up to 7 recently with no apparent reason. 16 hour fast every day, carbs rarely above 20g and nothing changed with my usual eating routine just pesky higher BG readings! The last 2 days though I have had very low calorie intake (>1000) having extended my fasting in preparation for blood tests - that seems to have done it for me as my FBG is now back in the 4s. Might be worth try?
Thanks but long fasts not to good for me . I work in construction and need a bit of food in the day to keep me going .

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

How are you sleeping at the moment? That can impact morning numbers a nudge.

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks for the reply . Sleeping ok getting at least 6 to 7 hrs a night . I think I’ll give it a while and see what happens . It’s not as if I’m spiralling up . It comes down and by dinner time I’m about 5.0 . Just a bit unsettling coz you don’t want it staying at 6 or higher for the day

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Might have to resort to a little single malt before bed . No bad thing that though .