Potassium

Carl williams66

Hi guys, I’m not sure if it’s related to the diabetes, but has anyone else had a bit more potassium in their bloods than normal??

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've had less or no potassium in my blood or system as the treatment for that is potassium tablets and sodium tablets as I got them when I was in hospital last year and I was given dissolving tablets of them but I now use the normal form which I get from a store and they are not that expensive either as I don't like the taste of the other type of tablets

Carl williams66

Plus with low potassium it causes cramps, irregular heart beats etc... I’m not talking a major difference mine was only 5.3 but it was enough for the gp to do another BT ‍♂️

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Just a little bit of information if required, banana's are high in potassium.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Bananas are also high in sugar.

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys, I’m not sure if it’s related to the diabetes, but has anyone else had a bit more potassium in their bloods than normal??
Can be diabetes related. When I was admitted to A&E with my undiagnosed T1 I had v high potassium and ended up on lots of monitors because they were worried I'd damaged my heart.

Apparently insulin also takes potassium out of the blood stream so as I hadn't been producing much up it went

Reactions: Carl williams66

Becca6510

Hey! I’ve recently been put on a low potassium diet because mine was too high! I’m CKD stage 3 and a type one so a by product of both these things. Please message me for advice!

Reactions: Carl williams66

Amysaward89

Ur potassium levels are effected on how much insulin u have... whenever I’m put on a slide scale they always put me on a bag of potassium.....