Anyone seen the documentary What the Health (netflix)??

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As an American Board Certified Family Physician, who used to advocate a Atkins or Ketodiet, I'm sorry to say, WHAT THE HEALTH, is an excellent film

I did my own scholarly research. The data is spot on. I slowly but surely adopted a fully vegan, no processed oil, no processed sugar diet.

I've lost 16 lbs and will check my labs soon

I advocate a #WholeFoodPlantBasedDiet, in contrast to simply a Vegan diet, because the Vegans may make the mistake of adding processed oils (like Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Refined sugars) into their diets.

Hmm. I was on a whole food plant based diet and was then diagnosed with T2. Hba1c of 112 (12.5%). Since going back to eating meat and low carb diet it dropped to 36 and has remained there for a year! I know what diet I’m sticking with!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tophat1900

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here is a response by Harriet Hall M,D, who is a registered physician.
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/what-the-health-a-movie-with-an-agenda/

Having had a follower of WFPB try to cure my son's cancer with diet before he took chemo, and who tried to persuade me that my T2D will also miraculously go within weeks then I too remain skeptikal, expecially since I can measure with my meter what effect a vegan plant based meal has on my body. This guru also makes a living selling copies of the various vegan books, and a range of vegan supplements on line. She is also not particularly healthy herself. My daughter is currently vegan, and suffers endlessly from mystery illnesses, and gets through a major amount of painkillers and gaviscon max. Daily!

Reactions: Gryph

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
As an American Board Certified Family Physician, who used to advocate a Atkins or Ketodiet, I'm sorry to say, WHAT THE HEALTH, is an excellent film

I did my own scholarly research. The data is spot on. I slowly but surely adopted a fully vegan, no processed oil, no processed sugar diet.

I've lost 16 lbs and will check my labs soon

I advocate a #WholeFoodPlantBasedDiet, in contrast to simply a Vegan diet, because the Vegans may make the mistake of adding processed oils (like Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Refined sugars) into their diets.
You haven't been doing this diet yourself long enough to get a blood test and you're already telling your patients to follow it? Hmm. Ok then.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The link does not work for me. 404 page not found

Classy.org is a fundraising platform.
IIRC, the project has been renamed and expanded to a series of documentaries, rather than a single movie length doco. There is also a book being written by Diana Rodgers and Robb Wolf - new name is "Sacred Cow":

https://www.sacredcow.info/about

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aparently Netfix is about to release their new End of thr World movie Season 2
https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/...nel-4-netflix-release-date-cast-plot-trailer/

D

Deleted member 308541

Aparently Netfix is about to release their new End of thr World movie Season 2
https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/...nel-4-netflix-release-date-cast-plot-trailer/
I watched a couple of the first episodes, what a load of $#$%^%# rubbish... :D

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The link does not work for me. 404 page not found

Classy.org is a fundraising platform.
Yes, most of the independent documentaries these days are being made via public fundraising.

As well as "Sacred Cow" (referred to in my earlier reply to you), there is another documentary called "Food Lies" that is currently being made:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/295524491/food-lies-film

Both "Sacred Cow" and "Food Lies" have podcasts associated with the film, where the respective hosts, Diana Rodgers and Brian Sanders post longer form interviews with the experts appearing in the films.

Diana's podcast is called "Sustainable Dish": https://sustainabledish.com/podcasts/
Brian's podcast is called "Peak Human": https://www.peak-human.com/

Vinnie Tortorich from the long running Fitness Confidential podcast has also released a doco (AFAIK so far available on Itunes and Vimeo) called "Fat". This is the trailer:

Reactions: zand

mr_cat

Apparently, 1 eggs is the same as smoking 5 cigarettes a day. Or that eating meat raised blood sugars and gives you diabetes. Who knew?

They say all this with a straight face.
Yes full face palm:banghead:
I mean really eggs are a super popular food throughout the animal kingdom every thing goes after them not just carnivorous creatures.
So that must mean we are aliens who cant eat the same food or are animals too maybe the latter [in most caseso_O]

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Worse still they think we meat eaters are daft enough to believe their lies.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Worse still they think we meat eaters are daft enough to believe their lies.
All they need is politicians and greedy businessmen, and then they win regardless of what we say here.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All they need is politicians and greedy businessmen, and then they win regardless of what we say here.
But does any normal person believe this rubbish? Yes some are vegan or vegetarian through personal preference and that's great...just as i eat dairy and a little meat myself as my preference. But is anyone actually vegan because of these shameful lies and misuse of 'science'?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But is anyone actually vegan because of these shameful lies and misuse of 'science'?
well, many millions of people are Low Fat, High Carb due to lies and bad science, so why not other dietary life choices?

: )

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Sorry chicken lovers. I used to be one to. No more.

Google: chicken just as bad a red meat
USA bleached chicken may be as bad, but I suspect that is due to the bleach and because it is used to clean sick chickens and cover up unhygienic practices. Meanwhile thousands of people have reduced meds by going low carb, and like many others I am now in remission.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But does any normal person believe this rubbish? Yes some are vegan or vegetarian through personal preference and that's great...just as i eat dairy and a little meat myself as my preference. But is anyone actually vegan because of these shameful lies and misuse of 'science'?
My daughter is vegan purely to save the planet. She totally brlieves the science I mean it IS Harvard and Oxford after all. Whatever science I quote is fake news because the Gaurdian does not agree nor does the BBC, It is even in the Lancet. The WHO endorses it. So where did my rubbish come from? Big Business? Big Pharma? a blogger? Its all Dad Truth.

So we live in a time where we can no longer believe what we see or hear in the media, We no longer question but believe the guy in the glossy video because he has something real to say, and he has a nice face too. And he has thousands of twitter followers so must be speaking the truth.

Reactions: Lord Midas

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
She totally brlieves the science I mean it IS Harvard and Oxford after all.
Oh Harvard. I have been on a tour round Harvard. They can't even get their own history right lol. There's a statue and it's not of the person it's meant to be. Other inaccuracies around the place too. If you can't get your own history right how are you going to predict the planet's future? :rolleyes:

Now Dad Truth. That's invaluable. It's unbiased and only looks to the real truth with a very good motive of love for their offspring. My own Dad once said 'Why do you drink Diet Coke? You don't get any thinner in fact I think it's the diet drinks that's making you fat' You see my Dad observed me because he loved me. You can't get better science than Dad science. He was so right too, he didn't know about artificial sweeteners and fatty liver and insulin resistance and T2. He didn't need to. He saw cause and effect and spoke about it. No bias, just what he saw.

Another Dad truth. He once said 'why do you drink skimmed milk to lose weight' It doesn't make any sense we use skimmed milk to fatten pigs. If it fattens pigs it will fatten you. It's whole milk and cream you need because there's more goodness in them and that's what you need to stay slim.' Common sense really isn't it? But then I was young and listened to the scientists and health experts. How I wish I had listened to my Dad. I hope your daughter sees sense I really do. She's eating a vegan diet and isn't well on it. Veganism won't save the planet, in fact it will help destroy it because we need both animals and plants to survive (that's both us and the planet) It's all connected. Without animal manure the plants won't be as nutritious, the soil will suffer. Common sense again isn't it? Everything needs to be in balance and enticing the world to all go vegan is just madness, there's no balance in that all.

Like I said I have nothing against people who simply don't want to eat meat or animal products simply because they don't want to, I am all for that, but these 'scientists' coercing everyone else onto the band wagon is madness. Unlike the harm that the low fat message has caused our waistlines and health, it's not just our lives at stake here, the people saying they want to save the planet are actually in danger of destroying it forever.

Last edited:

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Yes loads of people unfortunately. We have been told red meat is so bad for us for years that it makes sense when someone comes along with a glossy video making it all very believable, if you don’t do your homework. Having been vegetarian and believed a lot of the plant based diet is good for you etc, it was my diagnosis that snapped me out of it to do my homework and back on to meat.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes loads of people unfortunately. We have been told red meat is so bad for us for years that it makes sense when someone comes along with a glossy video making it all very believable, if you don’t do your homework. Having been vegetarian and believed a lot of the plant based diet is good for you etc, it was my diagnosis that snapped me out of it to do my homework and back on to meat.
Never having been a massive meat eater I thankfully didn't listen to the 'red meat is bad campaign', I continued to eat it when I wanted it.
However it was my inability to lose weight on a low fat low calorie diet that made me just give up dieting altogether and to try to simply be fat and healthy that led me to lose half a stone the following year whilst eating as much as I liked. Unfortunately I didn't do it soon enough to stave off T2 though.
But at least I did learn to look at where the 'science' is coming from before acting on it.
It's a pity both of us didn't see the light earlier huh? :) Let's hope others have more sense than us then...

Reactions: Flora123