Type 2 Belly fat

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
Hi I’ve been low carb for about 16 months now . I’ve lost 4.5 stone . But lately I’ve noticed I’m getting a bit of belly fat . Now my weight hasn’t gone up but my belly is defo getting bigger . Any one know what’s goin on here . I normally have about 30grms carbs s day . Mainly meat and dairy with a few eggs and some tinned salmon. And a few drinks at the weekend mainly red wine or spirits

Reactions: jjraak

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Hi I’ve been low carb for about 16 months now . I’ve lost 4.5 stone . But lately I’ve noticed I’m getting a bit of belly fat . Now my weight hasn’t gone up but my belly is defo getting bigger . Any one know what’s goin on here . I normally have about 30grms carbs s day . Mainly meat and dairy with a few eggs and some tinned salmon. And a few drinks at the weekend mainly red wine or spirits
Wow what a wonderful amount of weight loss in so short a time. Congrats! I am sure someone will advise you on your current problem area before too long. Well done though :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Peadair, if I recall correctly you do quite an active job. Has anything there changed? Has your exercise levels dropped to allow any muscle tone to be lost? Have you had any accidents, or mishaps that would have given you a hernia or the like (I hope not!)

Finally, has your skin tone improved? By that I mean any excess skin you had, due to weightloss shrinking, revealing something that might have been left behind all along?

And finally, in this Spanish inquisition, do you have any food allergies or intolerances?

And finally, finally (Honest!), have you started on any new meds, whether diabetes related or not?

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wow what a wonderful amount of weight loss in so short a time. Congrats! I am sure someone will advise you on your current problem area before too long. Well done though :)
Thanks for the reply

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi DCUK MOD
Job is the same , food the same . No floppy skin , bit of muscle loss in my thighs and calves . No meds or illness . Just a bit more belly . Think I might have to start a few sit ups