Best low carb food for satiety?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Eggs are pretty good for me, hard boiled.... salt n pepper, or curry powder or mustard on top.... a lot you can do with eggs. One of the best healthy foods you can get. Easy to store in the fridge and small, but pretty filling I find.

M

Member496333

Eggs are pretty good for me, hard boiled.... salt n pepper, or curry powder or mustard on top.... a lot you can do with eggs. One of the best healthy foods you can get. Easy to store in the fridge and small, but pretty filling I find.

Duck eggs are my new thing. The yolks are so rich, they make chicken eggs taste bland. Also they apparently contain more of everything :hungry:

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Duck eggs are my new thing. The yolks are so rich, they make chicken eggs taste bland. Also they apparently contain more of everything :hungry:

Duck eggs are not an easy thing to find here.... I have chickens so that's what I got. Might give Harry Potter a call and see if I can change them to ducks. :D

Reactions: 1spuds and jpscloud

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Reactions: jpscloud

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
This will seem odd (although can’t be worse than raw liver?), but if I’m feeling peckish, I eat a couple of radishes. I chew them whole - I think it’s the crunch of crisps that I miss.

Ps. Supposedly it’s food high in protein or fibre that give the best satiety (not that radishes are either!): https://www.nutrition.org.uk/health...eeling-full-after-a-meal.html?limit=1&start=3

Personally, I find the right amount of protein and fat combined does the trick for me.

mariavontrapp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I make myself a pancake using ground almonds,an egg and some milk. You need to make it quite thick, not like a crepe,and cook it slowly. Can be eaten hot, or use cold filled with ham and cheese if you need a packed lunch.
I'm sorry I can't give a recipe as I just had to experiment until it worked.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
3 egg, two egg white omelet with some kind of non starchy veg is a good for me, I can make it through a morning and most of the afternoon on that and coffee. I usually just precook brusell sprouts and cauliflower, take them out of the fridge warm them up in the frypan before adding the eggs. Mung bean sprouts if one has the carb allowance (250g of sprouts is about 10g carbs) for them go great in an omelet as well, but I save them for Sunday brunch when I add bacon and mung bean sprouts to make a really good and filling omelet .
Might I just ask why egg white and not whole egg? Just for a change, perhaps?

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For me, it's fatty protein like steak, salmon or even a tin of sardines. Without cheese or cream, though - dairy makes me want more, even when I am full.

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eggs, cheese, Vegetables are good choice.
Apart from the above you guys mention i make below mixture
60% Sesame Seeds, 30% other low carb nuts like Macadamia, almonds, walnuts, pecan nuts, hazelnuts etc, remaining good quality butter or Coconut oil, Spoonful of Erythritol or Stevia.

This mixture i make store it fridge and eat almost every day after food.

Reactions: 1spuds

Hotpepper20000

I find a ribeye steak the most satisfying.
It has a good combination of fat and protein.
My BG is always lower after 2 hours then before my meal.

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
When I'm on track I will have frozen blueberries with walnuts and fresh double cream, its fills me up and satisfies my sugar craving ., oh and dark chocolate .

Reactions: 1spuds and Venkat K

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Might I just ask why egg white and not whole egg? Just for a change, perhaps?
Because three eggs and two egg whites fill up my fry pan just to the right level, and I am still counting calories egg whites have less calories then a whole egg and they are good for supplementing protein.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Because three eggs and two egg whites fill up my fry pan just to the right level, and I am still counting calories egg whites have less calories then a whole egg and they are good for supplementing protein.
Ah, I see. Thank you.