Sitagliptin

clem8is

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello, my GP changed my gliclazide(2tabs twice a day-can't remember the dosage) to 1x100mg per day. I''ve been on this for about 2 months. My blood/glucose has gone from an average 8 to to mid to high teens, along with the associated problems with high BS - fatigue, thrush etc. Trying to get an appointment with GP is impossible so I'm hanging on til I go to the hospital diabetic clinic in a couple of weeks. Has anyone else had this problem with Sitagliptin or perhaps I'M on the wrong dosage? Any thoughts??

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Hello, my GP changed my gliclazide(2tabs twice a day-can't remember the dosage) to 1x100mg per day. I''ve been on this for about 2 months. My blood/glucose has gone from an average 8 to to mid to high teens, along with the associated problems with high BS - fatigue, thrush etc. Trying to get an appointment with GP is impossible so I'm hanging on til I go to the hospital diabetic clinic in a couple of weeks. Has anyone else had this problem with Sitagliptin or perhaps I'M on the wrong dosage? Any thoughts??
Took sitagliptin myself last year but it was with metformin instead but the thrush could be caused through the glic more than anything as it does get rid of the glucose through urine and if it's high then it'll be pushing it out. If you're still running high then you may be the wrong type or dosage, it'd be a good idea to get an appointment as soon as possible.

Reactions: Rose22

Mummybear3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve just been prescribed Sitagliptin today 100mg and I’m on metformin 500mg slow release. I have been changed to the Sitagliptin because I could not tolerate the gliclazide. Gliclazide does not make you pass glucose in your urine. It encourages your pancreas to produce more insulin. I know this because the drug that was initially suggested to me (can’t remember the name or group in falls under) did and I didn’t want that because I to suffer with thrush a lot. So I was prescribed the gliclazide instead as an alternative as this didn’t . Let me know how you get on with it. I’m hoping this one works for me or I think the next step is incremin mimetics which are injectable medications. And then insulin. It would be nice to see how we get on. Good luck x

Last edited:

Mummybear3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you have high bloods then you will pass more glucose through the urine. And that in turn will encourage thrush or/and make it worse. I hope you’ve got the answers from the diabetic team you wanted. Fingers crossed for you x