Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Reactions: Marie 2

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How about somewhere in the Cotswolds?

Knee a little better but not working today as I need to be able to drive to job share school for the last day of term tomorrow. I had a rush order for a silver bangle as well, so I’m not going to be terribly out of pocket.

Sugars were pants yesterday, I think I over corrected the pain/adrenaline spike and was all over the place as a result, should have just let Elvis take care of business. I need to just trust this system and let it do the thing. Woke up in the high fours, so he looked after me overnight very well indeed.
There’s a hotel there where @Knikki would think he’d gone to heaven - it’s near Broadway and called the Fourways House Hotel aka the home of the Pudding Club :hungry::hungry:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
We lost power for a couple of hours, so I decided I'd go to bed a couple of hours early. To get woken up 3 different times during the night with my alarm warning of a low starting. So much for thinking I'd get a few extra hours of sleep!

Reactions: WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Morning world. Have great days!

Fairly sleepless night running to the loo to wee eggcupfuls at a time. Dizzy very wakeful as a result so he's going to be a tired and cranky boy today. And I have an excuse for being a cranky woman!

Tell you what though, the Ocean Spray Whole Berry Cranberry juice is a thing of beauty to drink.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Also, boss is out for the day so I am taking my infuser thingy in with me together with some herbs and will brew a pot of herbal tea at the office. If I'm going to drink loads then I'm going to drink loads of the good stuff.

Not saying boss would mind but he'd be taking the mick all morning about my tendency to treat things with herbs and stuff. I think he has visions of pointy hats and parked brooms.....

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, wet here though not raining right now. I'm not sorry to see it as it's pretty parched though not as bad as last year, might be fed up by the end of the day as it's predicted to be wet all day.

I'm obviously having trouble adjusting to lower temperatures and a change of site; woke up on an 11.3 according to Libre, 9.3 according to meter - so much for increased accuracy of sensors! I'll be keeping a close eye on this but it's too far out for comfort and this is its third day.

Hope you all have a good Friday whether it's wet or dry!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Yeah - ours is going to be a wet day but in the centre of town it's much needed. We're a tourist town and it can't be helped but there's an overwhelming smell of greasy chips clinging to the pavements until it rains, when they're all cleaned off again.

Thankfully I may work in town but I never hang around here - straight in, straight out - so at the end of the day I'm headed back out to our little bit on the edge of town. It feels like a village - there's a few shops, everyone knows each other and stops to talk, the neighbours are friends and we look after each other's keys and take in packages etc. Lovely feel to it.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Husband was looking for frozen cranberries too, but said thee's every other kind of berry in the world in the frozen section (or so it seemed) but no cranberries. But the Whole Berru juice is a pretty near substitute I think.

@helensaramay - do you need new outdoor trainers so you can poddle about in the rain? And maybe take the indoor trainers in a bag?

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, damp here, well more wet than damp really! Was up early to take daughter to school early as she's off on a residential long weekend - teachers are amazing, I couldn't face a long weekend away with ~200 12 yr old girls, but at least they're in France and the french are good at producing certain quaff-able beverages........! She wished me good luck - getting through the weekend with just the wife :hilarious: (If I haven't posted by end of play monday you'll know we've killed each other!:rolleyes:)

On the BG front I was low this morning, and yesterday I didn't do too badly after the 5.something, ended the day on 6.1 and was fairly steady in range for most the day.

On the cat front, we're letting him out tomorrow!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@slip did I did 14 residentials throughout my teaching assistant career, with children ranging from 8-11. Four of them abroad travelling on an airplane (passport nightmare!) They were all absolutely exhausting, but also some of the most rewarding events in my life. Happy memories!

Reactions: WuTwo and slip

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
An interesting day. Awoke on a 7 after a 1:30am correction due to my nemesis-beer! A good level for swim training. Arrived at pool without my Libre scanner duh! Blood testing meter low battery (haven’t used it in 10 days) took a dextrose to be safe. 80 lengths including a timed 200m (3min 52sec). Left pool in pouring rain in sandals yuk! Arrived home to a 7. Result I think. Happy Friday all. Food shopping here, then an hours grandparent duty before we hit the wine.