Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I'm a sucker for chocolate milk. It was my downfall once and I put on literally kilos. I had to give it up altogether to try and lose the weight.

Reactions: Marie 2 and ert

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Another lovely walk, so missed these, and the extra jelly babies, while H was taking his first steps. Trees this time, lots of them, and wild flowers too.

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a sucker for chocolate milk. It was my downfall once and I put on literally kilos. I had to give it up altogether to try and lose the weight.
I couldn't go overboard because it took me months to find it in the supermarkets in London and the Netherlands. Otherwise I would have put on kilos solely from indulging on Oatly chocolate milk. The Alpro chocolate mousse has a space in my heart too. :hungry:

Reactions: Marie 2 and WuTwo

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll go to a garden BBQ party at friends further along my road. We have rain, thunder and lightning at the moment. I expect it won't stop us from grilling food and getting drunk and wet and having general fun until the morning light in the garden, knowing my friends :)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Thai Green chicken curry for lunch - just chicken and curry paste, but out, rather than mine. It was amazing, until the spike. :) Enjoy the weather. The Netball was too close to call. I thought you'd won.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’m still in pyjamas binge watching 24 Hours in A&E. Making the most of not being a teacher any more and going out for a curry later :)

I don't usually watch medical dramas but got caught up binge-watching the iplayer box set of Bodies last week!

Thought it was a new drama but turned out to be the forgotten first born of Jed Mercurio from about 10 yrs ago which slipped under the radar and wasn't noticed that much on account of being on BBC 3.

Set in an ob/gynae ward, lots of spurting blood, Machavellian ward politics between Keith Allen who's narked at losing his principal consultant post to an upstart but incompetent consultant, with Max Beesley getting caught up in the storm and some artistic "undressing" by Neve McIntosh!

In other news, I see the thread is now up to page 995 and post 19881. If Loop and Elvis can spare the time, can their computing power come up with the best way of matching post lengths to see if we can get the 20,000th post appearing on the 1000th page?!!

Reactions: SueJB and LooperCat

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Greeting my fellow teabags and pumpers hope you all had a good day.

Just had my worst hypo for a long time dropped really fast from BG 3.5 to BG 2.4 and heading was spinning felt really woozy. panic sets in so cup of coffee 6 sugars and disconnect the pump. Took about 10 minutes before even felt remotely normalish. Now waiting for the inevitable huge spike

Welcome back @porl69
That reads like a horror novel. I'm amazed you didn't pass out.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
In other news, I see the thread is now up to page 995 and post 19881. If Loop and Elvis can spare the time, can their computing power come up with the best way of matching post lengths to see if we can get the 20,000th post appearing on the 1000th page?!!
Love the plan! Who works it out?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Impossible with the expected hangover tomorrow. But working out if we need to make long or short posts shouldn't be too difficult (without a hangover) and than we can finetune at the last moment.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Eating some pasta with a herb dressing, chicken, bacon and some veg and going to watch the talented and funny Bill Murray in Groundhog day :)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
He's absolutely right. All the money in the world doesn't make up for not having the person you love, so spend it. Just keep trying to get funded!
Having had a relatively bad year health wise last year with me being diagnosed with cancer in January, hubby with Parkinsonism in September and sister in law with cancer in December my philosophy is if you want to do it and you have the money and time to do so do it now because you never know what’s round the corner.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A
I’m still in pyjamas binge watching 24 Hours in A&E. Making the most of not being a teacher any more and going out for a curry later :)
Are you getting some tips for when you start your new job? Enjoy the curry - I have it sometimes but because I don’t like cauliflower rice etc and have it with proper rice :woot::woot: and poppadoms I only have it as an occasional treat.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
A

Are you getting some tips for when you start your new job? Enjoy the curry - I have it sometimes but because I don’t like cauliflower rice etc and have it with proper rice :woot::woot: and poppadoms I only have it as an occasional treat.
Aye! I adore curry but have a veg side dish instead of rice - something like mushroom or aubergine bhaji. Goan king prawns is looking favourite just now :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
22 posts per page? How many lines on a page? Thought of counting but losing the will to mark off fingers. And forgot the spaces between the posts - how the heck many lines are they

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
22 posts per page? How many lines on a page? Thought of counting but losing the will to mark off fingers. And forgot the spaces between the posts - how the heck many lines are they

Lol, fairygodmother, there's a huge opportunity here.

Can't see the number of thread views on my phone, but last time I looked on my computer, it was getting on for 500,000.

So, if we get 500,000 views, 20,000 posts, and 1000 pages on the same day, when the Sun rises, the planets will align, there's going to be a blinding flash of light, angels or Beyonce, Adele, PJ Harvey or Patti Smith, depending on ones musical preferences, will emerge, wave a wand which will look a bit like a novo pen, and we'll all be cured, just like that...

Or, maybe not, in which case I'll pre-bolus and nip out for a 90g brunch, whatever.

Reactions: Fairygodmother