Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
My blood is a little more settled than it was yesterday but the whole berry cranberry juice keeps playing merry hell with it. I sort of decided that for the time being it doesn't matter if control is distinctly off, there's enough going on to keep me stressed without worrying about blood.

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was apricot, flour, sugar but good sugar. Will try get ingredients info wen get home.
Those cookies look nice @Delticmatt100 - what’s in them?

Had a lovely curry at our favourite “special occasion” restaurant- celebrating the new beginnings going on in our household in the next few months. Completely ballsed up the carbs guess and am now sailing along at 8.5 but Loop reckons I’ll be back at target in a few hours. It brings me down gently which I find frustrating at times, but better to have a soft landing than a hypo, I suppose.

Hope you’ve all had smooth days :)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good morning everyone nice lie in today first time in ages was at grandsons birthday party yesterday his parents had hired a party bus ...note to self at 50 odd years old dont go crawling through double decker soft play buses:arghh:enjoy whats left of the weekend everyone :)

That’s me chasing 2 year old grandson at Monkey Maze. Not good for knees, but allows my just about 60 self a go down the slide.

Reactions: Marie 2

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Ooops - down to an accidental 2.8 - slurp hasty glass of wholeberry cranberry gubbins - which Nutracheck kindly informs me is 26g of carbs. Might be a slight over-correction .....:rolleyes:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Omg how u get that low?

I have absolutely no idea. All I did was have a shower and hairwash. Lunch was yonks ago - bowl of cereal and oat milk, and injected what I thought was the right amount. Deeply confusing.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
visiting a local festival, eating street food, having a few beers and eating an amazing celebratory meal before catching the train home, sleeping and getting up for the gym?
Diabetes would be so much easier if I did the same thing every day but I am not convinced life would be worth living then.
Sounds very tiring too, doing all this every day :hilarious:

Reactions: WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

And now I've eaten my meal, and have no idea what to shove in. I think I'll just go for enough to deal with dinner, and then test in about 75 minutes (which is when I hit my highest spike after eating).

If it turns out I did overdo the juice, I can stack the insulin if I'm careful.

I suppose low is better than the highs I was at for the past couple of days, but I don't like dipping into the 2's. WIsh I'd paid more attention and picked it up in the 3's but I was focussing on drying my hair.

Last edited:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think it's another chickpea night for me, because salad needs finishing and bf doesn't eat salad as much as me. I reckon spicy chickpeas will go with an italian salad. :)

Could I just say I've had no hypos for the last 4 days and I feel fantastic diabetes wise. I feel like I've been waiting for this moment or feeling for so long. I guess my tiredness isn't diabetes fault and awkwardly my blood tests came back all fine. They couldn't detect anything or find a reason for my hair loss and tiredness. I've been napping less but I'm still mopping around.

Has anyone tried 1:30 or 1:35 ratio? At night or late evening I'm quite sensitive, which ends up me waking up on low end of normal -4-5.5mmol/l. I've tried 1:15 and 1:20, both have put me into low end of normal. Libre shows it's a yellow colour and I want it to be green. :hilarious:

Reactions: Antje77

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If i hear the baby shark shark again im gonna scream had grandsons today and youngest is obsessed with it....needless to say i cant bare it but cant get the tune out my head

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_8365.jpg
IMG_8366.jpg

The diabetes cookies I made.
Enjoy.
Happy cooking.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’d eat ‘em.
Don’t think they would last long at a “ diabetic “ party.:):):)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I think it's another chickpea night for me, because salad needs finishing and bf doesn't eat salad as much as me. I reckon spicy chickpeas will go with an italian salad. :)

Could I just say I've had no hypos for the last 4 days and I feel fantastic diabetes wise. I feel like I've been waiting for this moment or feeling for so long. I guess my tiredness isn't diabetes fault and awkwardly my blood tests came back all fine. They couldn't detect anything or find a reason for my hair loss and tiredness. I've been napping less but I'm still mopping around.

Has anyone tried 1:30 or 1:35 ratio? At night or late evening I'm quite sensitive, which ends up me waking up on low end of normal -4-5.5mmol/l. I've tried 1:15 and 1:20, both have put me into low end of normal. Libre shows it's a yellow colour and I want it to be green. :hilarious:
Yes 1:30 works for me later in the day.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If i hear the baby shark shark again im gonna scream had grandsons today and youngest is obsessed with it....needless to say i cant bare it but cant get the tune out my head
emoji849.png

Oddly, that chewn Metals up quite nicely... We covered it last year with extreme profounaty on on the in the lyrics..
It's surprising how many folk need a release valve from this abomination of an ear worm...

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oddly, that chewn Metals up quite nicely... We covered it last year with extreme profounaty on on the in the lyrics..
It's surprising how many folk need a release valve from this abomination of an ear worm...
Chewn...Tune? I fear I maybe getting it now.;)