Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Well, that was the last day of the school run, the school has decided to shut the school because of the intense heat. I received a gift from pupil's mum, it was so lovely of her, I will be thinking of her during the holiday's.
Weather report says it's going to be up to 36/37 c tomorrow, that is hot, hot, hot.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Now come on fellow pumpers/teabags you have to either please stop moaning about the hot weather, or send some of it up to Haggisland. Its a tad cool here at around 21 degrees and a bit dull. Not even slightly jealous:angelic::angelic::angelic:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Now come on fellow pumpers/teabags you have to either please stop moaning about the hot weather, or send some of it up to Haggisland. Its a tad cool here at around 21 degrees and a bit dull. Not even slightly jealous:angelic::angelic::angelic:
*heads north to haggisland*

I hate heat. Makes me feel terrible, and not is a diabetes way. I’ve always been like it! I go on holiday to places like Norway :D

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Apologies to anyone I offended.
It was not my intention at any time.
Your apologies are accepted and appreciated, at least by me. Not for the video you posted, as I chose to not watch it because I expected I wouldn't find it funny, but for the earlier post you made:
Back from spinning with no thread involved.
Although the gym has air conditioning, it was hot.
I was also a tad distracted. The spin bikes are in a corner of the main gym rather than in a room on their own. So, from the spin bikes you can see some people doing weights, trying out the cross trainers and running on the treadmills. The treadmills were in my direct line of sight today so I could not miss the well endowed woman running with no bra. It looked incredibly uncomfortable. Thankfully, it did not affect my BG.
I'm fat, 'well endowed' (to my regret) and I can't stand clothes that try to sqeeze or strangle me.
So should I choose to visit a gym and do the things you're supposed to do in a gym, everything would kind of bounce, blubber and jump in all directions for everyone to see.
While I'm happy you're bg turned out not affected by such a sight, for us fat and bouncy people it's hard to do a public work out knowing that people look at you and find it funny, or worse. It's not the people laughing in your face that make it the hardest, as they're simply ******** so who cares. It's knowing people get home and tell their friends about 'this fat woman working out with her ***** hitting her ears' and having a laugh about it.
To my thinking the woman you saw was pretty brave.

Personally, I don't do the gym, but I love swimming. Walking around in a swimming pool with your body for everyone to see is not especially fun when not happy with your body and having been made fun about enough to be quite self conscious. I feel sorry for everyone who doesn't do the things they'd like to do because the stares and the heard thoughts, real or imaginary, have simply become too much to face.

So yes, I very much appreciate your apology. For one, I realized that I'm not exactly innocent, as yes, I have a laugh about people too sometimes, and what I felt when reading your post reminded me to try to do better in the future.

Last edited:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just found out Libre sensors are 37 euro's in France (it's 60 here) and you can apparently buy them at any apotheque (when they have enough in stock, there seems to be a bit of luck involved). So I posted a message on facebook to ask if I know anyone who is going to France and willing to try to get me some and I found a likely candidate within the hour :)
Fingers crossed it'll work out and there won't be dodgy sensors as I can't go back to the pharmacy where it was bought.
When I was in the Netherlands, it was 9-10 euros for a drugstore shampoo and in Germany it was 2 euros for the same shampoo. Even I was shocked :hilarious:
Best of luck to you, I mean we could all take a trip to France? ;)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
When I was in the Netherlands, it was 9-10 euros for a drugstore shampoo and in Germany it was 2 euros for the same shampoo. Even I was shocked :hilarious:
Best of luck to you, I mean we could all take a trip to France? ;)
I didn't even know it was possible to pay that much for shampoo...

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@helensaramay . I apologise but I’ve tried to find your post where you saw a fat woman at the gym. The one that I feel @Antje77 is referring to.
A lot of people would comment on Linford Christie being well endowed but you’d struggle to find anyone who could honestly call him fat.
Let’s not assume too much and draw conclusions for self satisfaction.

Reactions: Alison54321

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@helensaramay . I apologise but I’ve tried to find your post where you saw a fat woman at the gym. The one that I feel @Antje77 is referring to.
A lot of people would comment on Linford Christie being well endowed but you’d struggle to find anyone who could honestly call him fat.
Let’s not assume too much and draw conclusions for self satisfaction.

.... Probably because the of moderation to reserve the the sensibilities of the body conscious..?

If you & I were showering after some sporty thing or another, I'm sure (out of decency.) you wouldn't comment that I could give the respected Mr Christie a run for his money...

With the greatest respect.
Move on.... ;)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry @Jaylee . Judging people purely on physical features and making comments that are detrimental, nasty, racist, uncalled for, sexist, are, I agree wrong.
But we shouldn’t allow a physical feature to be introduced to a post when it didn’t exist originally.
Why are we assuming that a well endowed woman is fat?
Yes I could move on but let’s point it out now before someone makes the assumption that fat people are predisposed to being diabetic.

Reactions: Alison54321

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't refer to a fat woman in the gym, I referred shortly to a well endowed woman in the gym and proceeded to talk about myself, as I have no idea what the woman in the gym looked like, except big breasted with no bra.
It was about body shaming.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
about 'this fat woman working out with her ***** hitting her ears'

You obviously missed this part:
So should I choose to visit a gym and do the things you're supposed to do in a gym
And this part:
you're bg turned out not affected by such a sight
As far as I know there is a difference between 'this' and 'such a'.

I'm not sure what your problem is with my post but I'm done with this stupid bickering. I feel quite stupid about the urge to prove I didn't write what you said I did as it is so I'll leave it at this.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 . I am rather upset that you fail to see my concerns with what was posted.
I am even more upset you see it as stupid bickering.
Yes I will leave it here, happy with the answers and responses I’ve had which have given me more insight.

Reactions: Antje77