Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.7 after the hypo from earlier :)
I watched the sun rise and it seems like it’s going to be another warm day. :( I’m a chicken so thunder scares me, but the rain sounded peaceful though.
I think chick peas are my absolute favourite food item to eat, it comes close to tofu and pho. I’d be happy if anyone were to buy me a bulk load of chick peas, bring those babies to me I’ve made homemade hummus too in the past, as a tofu coating for frying instead of flour. That was absolutely delicious too :D
I didn’t go back to sleep after baking in humidity for 5-6 hours because of rain, now I’m just embracing the cool air.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
7.7 after the hypo from earlier :)
I watched the sun rise and it seems like it’s going to be another warm day. :( I’m a chicken so thunder scares me, but the rain sounded peaceful though.
I think chick peas are my absolute favourite food item to eat, it comes close to tofu and pho. I’d be happy if anyone were to buy me a bulk load of chick peas, bring those babies to me I’ve made homemade hummus too in the past, as a tofu coating for frying instead of flour. That was absolutely delicious too :D
I didn’t go back to sleep after baking in humidity for 5-6 hours because of rain, now I’m just embracing the cool air.

Yeah - I'm very fond of chickpeas. I like edamame beans too, especially just chucked in the salads or stir frys. Prefer them raw to anything else. And I love chickpea curry!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Lightening last night, no thunder. Hot.

Thunderstorms and lots of rain last night. Pebbles cat loves the rain and she loves a good rub down with Kitchen roll lol:cat::happy:

Last edited:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah - I'm very fond of chickpeas. I like edamame beans too, especially just chucked in the salads or stir frys. Prefer them raw to anything else. And I love chickpea curry!
Oh yaasssss, I once had a potato and chick pea curry from an indian takeaway and that was delicious. I love edamame beans too, sprinkle some sesame seeds on top too. ;) We'd make such a great team for food :hilarious:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It would have been very gallant of you to pay for your friends wedding though!

Technically she pays me for the organ playing! Except, for friends on tight incomes, I often don't ask for a fee as this can count as the wedding present instead. So, just travel expenses and a humungous bit of cake, carefully carb counted of course, afterward.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just been outside and it appears to have rained a lot. My pond in a pot is overflowing, so that’s nice. Made a short video message on my tiny garden to send to a friend who has lost both his parents in the last two weeks, so hard to know what to say. One of the very talented guys in our Alarm fan group is putting lots of messages together for him from the group.

Currently battling the foot on the floor spike, didn’t quite catch it in time today. Mid 7s. Gave Elvis some fake carbs to dose for and he seems to be dealing with it ok.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I may have just poured the last bit of coffee we have down the sink so now I have a cold glass of soy milk. :hilarious:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I have snapped a nail way below the nail line. Husband cut the nail right down, and put a steri-strip as a bridge from one side of the break to the other. That should hold it until the nail grows a bit. I usually have some of that fibre glass nail repair strip stuff in the house but steri-strips make a useful substitute.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why did you do that?
I was making my bf a cup of coffee, put the pitcher in the coffee machine and I pushed the button for my shot of coffee. So when I finished making my bf's coffee, I poured my milk and ice thinking I've poured my coffee into my glass and took out the coffee pod holder to wash it, by the time I placed it on my coaster and took a sip, I realised there's no coffee in it. :hilarious:
I split my nail vertically from flossing my teeth yesterday, so rocking the short nails at the moment. :bigtears:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@WuTwo chills up my back, yow...............

Sorry about that lol. Still - it's not painful because the strip holds it all together. And - glory be - I can still type, and do stuff. So useful.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I like the idea of a coffee machine but I'd drink far too much coffee. I love the stuff but sadly it doesn't love me in the afternoons and evenings....

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I like the idea of a coffee machine but I'd drink far too much coffee. I love the stuff but sadly it doesn't love me in the afternoons and evenings....
It is indeed a good investment, especially the ones that comes with a milk frother. I've saved a lot of money making my own coffee compared to when I was in London and buying frappes everyday. (Theres a starbucks 5-8mins from my parent's house) :hilarious:
Sometimes coffee does result me being on the toilet... :arghh:

Reactions: Marie 2

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all
Thunder and lightening???? Very very frightening to me...... Didnt hear or see anything, luckily I sleep like a log.
Have been under 4 most of yesterday and was hovering around 4 all night. @Knikki I am on your level now lol, don't think my DSN would be to happy thou!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have snapped a nail way below the nail line. Husband cut the nail right down, and put a steri-strip as a bridge from one side of the break to the other. That should hold it until the nail grows a bit. I usually have some of that fibre glass nail repair strip stuff in the house but steri-strips make a useful substitute.
Ooo hugs