Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning all, lots of hypos happening and some hypers too. It's going to be a blistering hot day today, no work so may go out and about this afternoon. :)
Rivers deep last night and mountains high this morning, grrrr and testing again very soon.
Stay safe in this heat, it's nearly the weekend too :happy:

Reactions: Alison54321

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning.

HMMMM Got something wrong now hitting 15+ ~sigh~ now "rage blousing" I mean really raging.

Oh well its warm in here again now coffee :)

Same here.. (Not just the coffee.) Got a feeling I forgot my basal last night. Not so much a "rage," more a methodical working back & weghing up.

Reactions: Marie 2 and Knikki

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Going to be hot hot for you too across the stream @Antje, stay cool! At least you’ve the pleasure of watching the UK’s political soap opera from further away.

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I bought myself a new digital micro hi-fi system and it came yesterday afternoon, my other one was second hand, quite old and the radio was getting worse with constant interference. The sound on the new one is fantastic it has CD-MP3-USB- SD, I know what some of them are but not all :oops: I have the two speakers from the old one and I would like to make something out of them, or, better still, ask my son, as he is very creative and has made many household items, his last recycle was his old fridge freezer:wideyed: amazing :happy:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, hot hot hot already. Woke up at 4.30, by 5 it was obvious sleep wasn't going to happen again so I've been up since then. Went for a walk at 7 (sooooo easy not to do it whilst I don't have a dog and it's one of the best forms of exercise for me for lots of reasons), watered the pots in the garden, dead-headed some stuff and had to stop due to feeling rather strange, caused by a 3.3. Pah!

Have a good day all, stay cool and hypo/hyper free if poss (unless of course you've put the wrong socks on)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, not ventured downstairs yet. We keep our house cool by keeping surgeons closed on the sunny side and windows open in the shady side and adjusting as the sun goes around. Keeps things surprisingly cool, Mediterranean style! Blackout blinds almost all the way down upstairs, with a three inch gap to allow air flow sorts the upstairs, where we have a flat roof. Letting the sun shine in just makes the house hotter as you’re basically creating a greenhouse effect...

Not much to report bloods wise, has an alarm at some point with a 4.1 but that was fixed with half an dextrose tablet.

Sewing club today, the gallery we meet in is always cold, so should be nice. Cardigan on standby!

Stay cool and level, friends x

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Enjoy your coffee, I am on my second cup of tea :) windows are open, doors too, phewwww !

Yep - I'm coming up for the third coffee, and I'm told a hot seitan bacon sarnie is on its way to me any minute now.

All the windows are open - nice fresh current flowing through. When neighbour opens his sitting room window I will close the side window nearest him. He smokes - a lot - and it wafts from his living room straight through my window!

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Yep - I'm coming up for the third coffee, and I'm told a hot seitan bacon sarnie is on its way to me any minute now.

All the windows are open - nice fresh current flowing through. When neighbour opens his sitting room window I will close the side window nearest him. He smokes - a lot - and it wafts from his living room straight through my window!

I'm going to have a third coffee, just to keep you company.

I was 5.1 this morning. The jump back to my usual long-acting worked a treat. Woke to find my husband sleeping on the floor. ***???? He said it was cooler down there. It's hot? He's feeling the heat. He's not Australian :).

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well really messed up and now "rage blousing" again as the first one didn't really work so now I'm at a point where I am trying to deliberately hypo myself.

Ho hum...…...heat or stuff I ate or a mix or the fact that, the sun has got its hat on hi hip hurray or I should have put odd sock on or I should have put yesterdays sweaty duds back on o_O
Not the best start to the day.
Hopefully things will level off in the coming hours.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@therower - just noticed the words in your avvie - like them!

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Morning.

HMMMM Got something wrong now hitting 15+ ~sigh~ now "rage blousing" I mean really raging.

Didn't help by the fact that both Libra and xDrip were 4-5 mmol to low which is why I missed it.

Oh well its warm in here again now coffee :)
Blousing? I've never heard that expression before. I hope you get it sorted and soon.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was up at 6am again today to take the dog out before it got too hot - again a very pleasant walk, 2 deer and countless rabbits chased - the dog just looked at me as if to say what are you doing?:hilarious:

Risotto last night so no 5am low today, just a tad too high actually this morning but easily correctable.

best of luck all in the heat.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
morning everyone have a good day my 100% will be spoilt due to hypo through the night:banghead:but apart from that all good take care in this heat everyone ive got painting to do but just cant get motivated even after copious amounts of coffee will try 1 more and see if that does the trick :angelic:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
all this talk of coffee and everyone having at least 2..........I'm off to the coffee machine - if it's working.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I guess they have to have the questions answered but it would be nice if the people at the call centre were allowed to use their brains and answer some of the obvious questions themselves.

Yep - but if it's frustrating for us, spare a thought for the poor b's on the other end of the phone - doomed to repeat a list of futile questions time after time.... and to deal with the frustrated/irritated customers!