ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Hot weather cheat 101. Got dressed this morning in wet clothes straight from the washing machine. They're still wet 2 hours later. I'm actually shivering.

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
*waves in background*
Helloo friends,
Very hot today, I am armed with coke, pom bears and oreos. I hope everyone stays hydrated and defend our supplies from the heat.
I’m unfortunately running a bit high at the moment 13.2, corrected and now playing the waiting game.
I was watching a movie with my bf yesterday and **** Ben Afflick is a spicy one.

Post edited by moderator for language

Last edited by a moderator:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
We keep our house cool by keeping surgeons closed on the sunny side and windows open in the shady side and adjusting as the sun goes around.
I think I'm going to go out and find myself some surgeons to close on the sunny side. How many do you recon I need? Would one surgeon per window be enough? I really don't want to take too many and make trouble for people who are in need of an operation but I definitely need it to be cooler, so if it helps...

Reactions: Fairygodmother

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I have rooibos tea by my side, this month's edition of Vegan Life has arrived (and thus many new recipes to pore over), and I have cooked dinner - quiche. It'll be served cold or warmed through this evening depending on how we feel but nice to know I can legally just chill :) Too hot and sweaty to go anywhere - husband doesn't want to drive and anyway I love being at home.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I woke up to a surprise in my bed with me.
Today, I woke to another surprise in my bed.

Coughs......:angelic::angelic:
Dont post any links up on this one please :bag:;);)

And good afternoon all. Loving this weather BUT the bloods are not. Hypoland again last night (just been informed that my new MM is on its way), so have set up a "HOT" temp basal - 50% should do it

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So hot my blood must be boiling - it's evapourated as I can't get any out of any finger!..........finally.........6.7 :)

Seeing as most, but not all, seem to have reduced their insulin doses due to the weather, do you think the NHS see a slight seasonal drop in usage of insulin but perhaps an increase in testing strips especially during hot weather?

I'm trying to work out what auto-correct changed for surgeons ?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Made coffee but I found out the milk had gone bad. Was fine an hour ago. Stupid heat.
Trying to think up something to make for dinner. Preferably something that'll last me for 3 days, is very tasty, very easy to make and quite low carb as I eat very late with this weather and don't want to find myself having to correct things after bed time.
And no soup or salad, as I'll be bored with that after the first day and then I'll have to cook again tomorrow...

Reactions: Marie 2 and ert

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
As far as I know a fritata is simply an omelet with lots of stuff put in :)
Sound plan!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As hot as it is, my parents won't eat anything cold but rather the complete opposite. I remember as a teenager saying "WHYYYY MUM? WHY?"
@slip Wow, I just had a squirty gun bloody finger, would you like to swap? :hilarious:

Reactions: Marie 2

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
As far as I know a fritata is simply an omelet with lots of stuff put in :)
Sound plan!

Yep - nice hot or cold with salad. Or chopped up and popped into a burrito case with some spicy sauce.....

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 What I use to do for my bf is cook up the meat, do a side of veg and store into two containers. Then the next day he'll scoop a portion out and reheat to eat.
Does a fruit salad count? :hilarious:

Reactions: Antje77 and WuTwo

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Because it has a lot of stuff in it, you may need put it under the grill to cook the top.
I'm afraid they hadn't invented the grill yet when they made my stove...
67106512_10218104058427313_8427363066164805632_n.jpg

But I think I'll make things very easy for myself and fry some greens, mushtooms and onions with this veggie shawarma, put everything in a casserole dish with lots of different cheeses and beaten eggs and bake :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's so hot that I can't even give my bf a hug and if it's a hug, it'll be a sweaty sticky hug. So our feet just touch as a form of a hug :hilarious:

Reactions: ert and Knikki

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just a random question, do any of you beautiful men and women wear or use any makeup? Is there anything you highly recommend? This girl has acne scarring and she is in need of a real life photoshopping session. :hilarious: