Best tenner I've spent this year.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAVgNVjWwAI3pge?format=jpg&name=900x900

I picked up a copy this week and have tried the Kuwaiti Lamb and the Lamb Kebabs with yogurt sauce. I can't tell you how delicious they were. This book is a keeper (the family raved too).
Assuming you have no conflict of interest and are not married to Katie or Giancarlo and therefore the co author, I might in vest in that for my fat but trying not to become diabetic gourmet husband .
Too late. I have ordered it on Amazon but it cost me £13.99......Thanks for the tip Guzzler

Concordjan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not very good on computers!
Bought this a little while ago, some really good recipes. Had some friends to dinner last week and cooked the butter chicken with hazelnut and raspberry roulade for dessert. Have previously cooked Kuwaiti lamb with Middle Eastern cauliflower rice. All went down very well!

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Assuming you have no conflict of interest and are not married to Katie or Giancarlo and therefore the co author, I might in vest in that for my fat but trying not to become diabetic gourmet husband .
Too late. I have ordered it on Amazon but it cost me £13.99......Thanks for the tip Guzzler
Tenner in Sainsburys but yours includes P&P so it is all good.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I loathe mayonnaise but my son made the yogurt sauce which has mayo and Fage included. Best yog sauce ever.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bought this a little while ago, some really good recipes. Had some friends to dinner last week and cooked the butter chicken with hazelnut and raspberry roulade for dessert. Have previously cooked Kuwaiti lamb with Middle Eastern cauliflower rice. All went down very well!
The Butter Chicken is next on my list. Just waiting for a cooler day to have the oven on...

Gryph

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ordered - cheers for the headsup; having a quick preview of the Thai Green Curry recipe... it's exactly what I would expect the recipe to look like, so highly confidence inspiring.

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It is a lot cooler today so Butter Chicken is on the menu for tonight.

Reactions: Concordjan

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Going to have to get my hands on this sometime, thanks @Guzzler

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My copy is arriving today! Thank you Guzzler!!!!!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As I understand it, there are several references or mentions of diabetes.co.uk in the book, along the way.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
As I understand it, there are several references or mentions of diabetes.co.uk in the book, along the way.
I've not read the foreword, to my shame, and the two recipes I have used have not mentioned anything other than the usual.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would normally be very wary of using apples and pears. I will see what the meter says. I think I will give the dates a miss though.

When travelling in northern India we had masala omelette. I prepare the night before. Cut very fine, tomato, onion and chilli and put in a plastic bag in the fridge. In the morning, start the omelette, sprinkle the top with contents of the bag. Season and enjoy, less than 5 minutes.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would normally be very wary of using apples and pears. I will see what the meter says. I think I will give the dates a miss though.

When travelling in northern India we had masala omelette. I prepare the night before. Cut very fine, tomato, onion and chilli and put in a plastic bag in the fridge. In the morning, start the omelette, sprinkle the top with contents of the bag. Season and enjoy, less than 5 minutes.

That omelette sounds rather my styleeeee. I love all S and SE Asian food