Why is it so hard trying to loose weight

Hi to all'

Why is it so hard to loose weight when using insulin I need to do low carb and not use insulin have gained more weight using insulin it really stresses me out.....
Last year I lost 2 kg not using insulin at all.
I go back to diabetes clinic 2/7/ 2019
Not sure they will be happy with the above but my weight comes first.

IreneMatthews.

Reactions: Paul41

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Irene, welcome. I’m afraid I’m a bit confused by your post. Perhaps you could clarify for me. Are you currently using insulin or not? What won’t clinic be happy about? Are you currently using or have you tried low carb?

For us to be able to make useful suggestions we need to know what type of diabetes you have. Also things like how long you’d have it, how it was diagnosed (which tests), what sort of diets you have tried and currently use, and what your daily and hb1ac blood sugar levels are like. The answers to these can give us some idea of what might help.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure they will be happy with the above but my weight comes first.
Please don't put your weight above trying to get acceptable blood sugars. It's not about keeping your consultants happy, it's about avoiding horrible complications!

Could you fill out your profile details, especially the parts about type of diabetes and medication?
Right now we don't know anything so we can't really answer your questions.

I see this is your first post, so welcome to the forum! Here's some basic information about diabetes we like to give to new members too: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.26870/