Weight gain

farheen123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there!
I got diagnosed with T1D in May, I'm on a restricted diet (no rice, potatoes, sweets etc). Well I dropped a ton of weight and now I'm starting to gain it back pretty quickly and I'm concerned about my sugar levels fluctuating too much if I start eating to lose weight, I'm also not sure how go go about it. (I'm gonna go to my doctor soon, and ask her, just really concerned right now)

Thanks

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there!
I got diagnosed with T1D in May, I'm on a restricted diet (no rice, potatoes, sweets etc). Well I dropped a ton of weight and now I'm starting to gain it back pretty quickly and I'm concerned about my sugar levels fluctuating too much if I start eating to lose weight, I'm also not sure how go go about it. (I'm gonna go to my doctor soon, and ask her, just really concerned right now)

Thanks

I don't eat a restricted diet, I eat what I want in line with my nutritional needs for training. The main thing for wight loss or gain is controlled blood sugar levels. Get them right and the rest is no different to a non-diabetic. You need to manage your food with the required insulin, I assume you are on a basal/bolus split? Or maybe you are still honeymooning?