Mixing Hypurin Porcine and Fiasp in a pump. Any help?

have you mixed 2 different insulin in a pump vial

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
Hi Everyone. I used Hypurin Porcine in my pump for about 5 years and then Christmas time changed onto Fiasp.
Although my control is better I have gained a stone in weight since. I have been going to weight watcher for 2 years and HAD lost 50 pounds so am finding it devastating. I gained the weight due to a spinal injury that needs surgery. I cannot have the surgery because I gained weighed. I struggle to lose the weight cos I need the surgery- if you get the picture.

So I read at some point- but cannot find the post- of someone who used to mix 2 different insulins in his pump vial to get the response he wanted. I wondered how it would work to have a small amount of Fiasp to speed up the response of the porcine whilst mostly being animal may not affect the weight.?
Not saying I am going to do it but wondered is there someone who does?
If so how do you ensure the exact same amount of each, each time you mix it?

What are the problems that go with this or was it excellent?

thanks in advance

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
Hi Scott, that was indeed the article I read.
I am not looking for medical approval just information and advice. Is there any reason that mixing analogue Fiasp with Hypurin Porcine Neutral would cause one to kill the other or a toxic mix. I don't believe so but don't know everything obviously. I am a nurse so used to off label

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Scott, that was indeed the article I read.
I am not looking for medical approval just information and advice. Is there any reason that mixing analogue Fiasp with Hypurin Porcine Neutral would cause one to kill the other or a toxic mix. I don't believe so but don't know everything obviously. I am a nurse so used to off label

Hi, ronialive, sorry, making "insulin cocktails" is not something I know much about either!

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
I know a few people have previously said they do this in their pump

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I mix 50 / 50. NovoRapid / Fiasp. The jury is still out whether I should bother, I don't seem to have brought back the rapid onset that I enjoyed with Fiasp int he first few months of use. Roll on Lispro.