Doctor Appointment Today

ElizaChota

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Insulin. (Takes over my life)
Ok, so I went to see my NP today. And he said there was a lot wrong with my body that the hospital didn't tell me about. He said my liver enzymes were elevated but that could've possibly been a fatty liver. He also said that my body was in acidic state and was burning fat but thankfully I was not in ketosis. But what I don't understand, is how is the body producing acids that burn fat so fast and cause my pulse and blood pressure to go up. He ordered more tests and also made an order for me to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours because my pulse and blood pressure were elevated today that made him and the nurse very concerned. I got an ECG done too. And more blood work to see if my magnesium is being corrected with the magnesium pills I'm taking. And he also wanted to do the ECG because one of the meds can make you tachycardic. But he did tell me that I did have a condition called postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. And this was found out over a year ago. Just finding out about this condition. Thanks so much doctors at the hospital for telling me about this condition. (Sarcasm)

Thanks to my NP for doing all he can to make me feel better about my condition and reminding me that I'm not alone and that he knows I'm trying my very best to make things better. I told him how I got so depressed last night and I just wanted to stop all my insulin and for them to just let me go. He was very kind and supportive. And he said what I was writing above, and he just does all these wonderful things for me. And he just ordered all these tests and he knows I'm not making this **** up just for attention. So thank you NP. For all your hard work. :p

Reactions: pamd.1952

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How depressing @ElizaChota

No wonder your feeling so low.
Hugs for the distress this is causing you.

But you know your not really alone.
The doctors sound great and
Very involved, and I'm pretty sure
Most on here are wishing you a speedy
Recovery

Not heard of that, but now I've googled it, it sounds rough, but the upside is 90% get over it, given time and meds
So a positive if a little way off

I hope things, now you have a diagnosis start to move fast for you.

At least get your treatment on track and begun.

Best wishes for quick ptogress to better health.

All the best

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

ElizaChota

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Insulin. (Takes over my life)
How depressing @ElizaChota

No wonder your feeling so low.
Hugs for the distress this is causing you.

But you know your not really alone.
The doctors sound great and
Very involved, and I'm pretty sure
Most on here are wishing you a speedy
Recovery

Not heard of that, but now I've googled it, it sounds rough, but the upside is 90% get over it, given time and meds
So a positive if a little way off

I hope things, now you have a diagnosis start to move fast for you.

At least get your treatment on track and begun.

Best wishes for quick ptogress to better health.

All the best

Thanks so much for this! Really needed this. I appreciate all the support I get on here.