Treatment type
Diet only
Belinda Fettke interview about the toll on their family:

TonyHancock

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do wonder what is going on in Australia. The CSIRO has published more than one book on Low Carb diets and openly states:-

"CSIRO's Nutrition and Health Research clinic have discovered a clear link between a low carbohydrate diet and diabetes management. Our research found that if people incorporate more healthy fats and lean protein into their diet, while reducing the intake of carbohydrates, they could significantly improve their health and wellbeing. "

As an "Australian Government corporate entity" you'd think that they carry some sway?

Reactions: Prem51 and dbr10

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A continuation of the LowCarbUSA interview with Dr Gary Fettke:

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After going all out to shut down low carb advocates around the world, they like to portray themselves as not anti low carb...

M

Moggely

I am proud to know that this man, Doctor, lives 2 hours away from me. May he continue to speak out regardlessly. His wife now runs the blog, because he has been shut down.

Reactions: kokhongw and zand

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gary has finally been cleared of all charges - which hopefully opens the doors to all sorts of changes in Australia's guidelines for treating Type 2:

fettke.PNG

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
We need a new emoji comment - cheers/lets celebrate.
Being out there on your own is an extremely lonely place to be, his family also deserve a medal for sticking with him and providing the support he needed.

Reactions: Freema

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For completion sake, adding this video here as it continues the story of Dr Gary Fettke after his exoneration and how he is helping to mentor other medical professionals facing the same kinds of attacks:

Reactions: Freema

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Recent presentation by Gary Fettke at a Low Carb Down Under event -
Dr. Gary Fettke - 'The Failure of Medical Education: Why is #LCHF not being shouted from rooftops?'

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Wow, he pulls no punches. He sounds as frustrated as I am, and I blame my GPs and NHS nutrition guidelines for giving me T2D due to their wholly inappropriate dietary advice.

Reactions: jjraak

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting vid. I am thanking whatever divinity there is that my diabetes endocrinologist is also a trained cardiologist, and straight away recommended a keto diet after I was diagnosed as type 2.