What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Back at work
Only threatened ONE person yesterday when I went off the deep end :rolleyes:. So getting better I think ;)

Codefree meter, fell on floor other day, and glass "darkened"over .. so can't read it
So no fbg today ..guess as to what I ate and how I feel, it's a 5.9 . ;)

Spoke with codefree, explained issue, and they have kindly offered to replace meter when I next buy strip's. (Which is Now, as I've got none left )

Win Win for them and me..what great service :D

Apologies for being a Dufus @Muddy Cyclist I read the the post as going to someone else's..my bad.:rolleyes:

Wishing you a belated HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.

Glad the evening went well .. Cheesecake sounded delicious..:D

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It depends on how good your shimmy is. If you've got a good shimmy it wont matter if you were playing a dustbin lid there will be a queue!!!

:wideyed:

Then in that case....IM BACK IN THE BAND..:D

WHOOP WHOOP...:hilarious::hilarious:

Does remind me of an old Eddie Murphy sketch where he discusses Elvis and acting.

Think the punch line as such was " let him sing ALL his lines...EP:.Lemonade..that cool refreshing drink :singing:...":D

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dracula says it'll be a toss-up, @Muddy Cyclist
giphy.gif
So which way did the pendulum swing?
5.8 at 5.30 am

Good morning one and all.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Early start, I have to brush the cobwebs off my good ladies Mountain Bike, blow up the deflated tyres, de-rust the chain as I am taking her out for an amble on two wheels with our granddaughters who we have promised a picnic, could be a long day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha. For the letter joke.

As for me.
Depending on your needs,
I have been using open office for many years.
Save as ms97.. And everyone can open as normal
I also got into Google docs. Syncs well with gdrive.
And for email... Nothing easier then Gmail.

I knew nothing of computers until 1990's.. Work switched over, so I bought a cheap one and taught myself.. pc for dummies.. Great book.

Then I discovered the world of FREE stuff.
And never looked back.

Can't Believe so many people pay for stuff that isn't premium and can be got for free

And if you're so inclined get a brand new computer system, by going Linux.. Mint was my favourite..... Then EVERYTHINGS FREE..
Thanks for that, I will add it into the equation enclosed in some [] and fronted by a large sigma.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not really, I'm pretty antisocial except when it comes to my 'special interests' and then ,like most aspies, I can join in :)

Libre's Office is definitely the better option, Thunderbird is still one of the best mail servers for PCs although I do use Spark on my mobiles and ipads because it consolidates all my email clients into one app.

Linux is the way to go for excellent software that's better than Microsoft and free! I also use Linux Mint and Kali Linux on my laptop.

Thank you for that @HarrisonK - will add to the mix - all written down or I will forget.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on this damp but optimistic pre-bin day.

The wonder wheel of too much yoghurt and berries last night rewarded me with a stern 6.1

All this talk of bands and special dance moves reminds me of the lyrics of a Manfred Mann number:
There she was just a-walkin' down the street, singin' "Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do"
Snappin' her fingers and shufflin' her feet, singin' "Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do"
She looked good (looked good), she looked fine (looked fine) ——

How? How does wailing nonsense while snapping fingers and shuffling along equate to looking good and fine? Unless of course she is a candidate for some experimental institution.

Have a great day if you can, big hugs for all who need them, glad to read that you are chugging along @ianpspurs - in our thoughts.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7 this morning at 6 am
It was 7.1. twelve hours ago.
So it appears I am on a more even keel.
It seems we have a fortnight possibly of sun.

I shall be in the garden, cat on lap, plane spotting.
I live less than a mile away as the crow flies from a small airport. I have a couple of plane ID and flight apps. I track the Airbus as it flies over me on take off on to Toulouse and the next place which I cannot spell offhand. And then the return journey to Toulouse and back here, until it flies near me in the circle to land.

In the meantime I have read my novel just as it returns (I am a fast reader, I speed read because the words go out of focus when I read more slowly), looked on google earth, had a wander where the Airbus is. And had a lovely interesting morning with hot coffees from my kitchen.

I have private planes flying over me, helicopters, chinooks, and more.

I tracked one of the helicopters once. He went to some golf course in the midlands, google earth again, either he had played golf or had a business meeting. Then up in the air and on to another golf course. Must have been business meetings.

Some really interesting trips I have ‘been’ on.

By the way I have never been in an aeroplane. Never been abroad.

But I have been in a helicopter for half an hour once with a personal tour of the countryside. That was amazing.

I have no idea why oldies like my next door neighbour says she is bored and no one visits her (she gets daily visitors), and life is boring.

You can have it all from the comfort of your own back garden and an iPhone and a tablet...

Happy travelling....

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading your post this morning I had a sudden flashback from when I was a teenager - seeing Manfred Mann at the Marquee Club. I also saw Simon and Garfunkle there.

When we moved to London in 1966, we moved into a house 3 doors away from where he lived. Mum was singing back then and a mutual friend (John Baldry I think) found us the house.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, belated happy Anniversary @Muddy Cyclist, well a late finish last night with an hours drive back home to zero tea when I got in!! Gasp, shock horror! Now do I.....
A) Ask the better half to make me something, in a deep and masculine voice, immediately......or
b) enquire how her day has been whilst tripping over the doggo's (who at least are happy to see me at least) whilst rustling something up myself? safe in the knowledge that I still have both arms attached and my head still on my shoulders, I will let you guess dear readers. Anyway enough about my daily struggles my meter of Doom sat nestled in its cocoon of unbridled nastiness, just looking at me, daring me to unleash it. I being a bit on the heavy, and dim side decided to chance it...…………..6 it spat out with such viciousness I had to dive for cover in the dogs bed, it rampaged all around the kitchen , throwing things about (it even put the dishes away!) I escaped with my limbs intact and my faculties scrambled. I hope everyone has a good day and you get what you want out of it.
Tune in next week for more tales of mayhem and clutter!

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning, which I’m more than happy with. I’m feeling quite tired this morning, and right now a duvet session sounds very good. However I’ve got 2 crafting sessions to do today, one via FaceTime with my friend in Manchester she will be doing her sewing and I’m beading a train, and one with a neighbour decorating mugs.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Bad nights sleep with upset tum early hours but a 6.5 which all I can say is moving in the right direction after the last week. I have to leave for Kent mid morning so stuffing lots of pills and tea meantime.
@Muddy Cyclist belated happy anniversary. Yourday out today sounds great. Hope the sun shines. @HarrisonK this BG thing is a mysterybat times, good recovery though! @pavlosn good to see you back and sorry for the bad sleep. Thanks for posting another lovely pic of your neighbourhood. Greetings to @ianpspurs and hope life gets easier.
Have a great Tuesday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.