Plant Paradox Program

Thankful1

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Has anyone tried the plant paradox program? it is a low-carb diet it is similar to ketogenic and a little bit vegetarian! would be very interested to hear from other people who are following this or trying to!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone tried the plant paradox program? it is a low-carb diet it is similar to ketogenic and a little bit vegetarian! would be very interested to hear from other people who are following this or trying to!
Did a quick read-up, but swapping one rice for another... It'd still be starchy. Mayo is a no-no, but sweet potato is alright? Not according to my blood sugars. I dunno. The diet is no-lectine based rather than low carb, though it is lowER carb than most diets.... I'd still prefer LCHF or Keto to this, never thought I'd say it, but it seems less restrictive. I mean, just looking at the swap list, my wallet aches. Some of that stuff isn't even readily available in Europe. (Monkfruit for instance.). So while I can't say i tried the diet... I don't think, considering the amount of starches and nixed foods, i'd ever be willing to try it either. Have you read The Diabetes Code by Dr. Jason Fung? Or dietdoctor.com? (No need to sign up, lots of info on there is free). Might be a little more useful.

Reactions: Thankful1

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
PS: I'm assuming you're a T2, not one of the myriad of other types, and I mentioned a couple of diets.... But I don't know what medication you're on. So I'll post my quick-start guide here: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ and add that you should be careful if you are medicated with gliclazide or similar (metformin is fine with low carb). You'd hypo if you combined low carb/keto with glic, you see.

Hope it helps,
Jo

Reactions: Thankful1
M

Member496333

Yes that's right

Good good. Besides the plant lectin thing, I'm personally not onboard with most of his ideas, but he seems like a level headed intelligent chap, and open to sensible discussion. He did a great podcast with Paul Saladino (hardcore carnivore) not long ago. Very amiable.