Cannabis; miracle medicine or dangerous drug? BBC2.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I caught this well balanced documentary last night.
https://www.whatsontv.co.uk/events/cannabis-miracle-medicine-or-dangerous-drug-bbc2-28-august-2019/

Though, my "jury" is still out with regards applications for BG managment. (& it's a long time since my student days.)

I felt the program was informative with regards to how it's researched & prescribed with other conditions.

I'll mark this topic up as CBD, which is why most genuinely search for answers on the subject.

Hope this helps resolve any queries on the matter. That can contentiously crop up from time to time.

M

Member496333

I believe it can have miraculous benefits for many folk with many conditions, but like any substance, it can be misused. Nothing much else to say about it, really. There's worse things freely available to buy all day every day in every supermarket in the land :nailbiting:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I caught this well balanced documentary last night.
https://www.whatsontv.co.uk/events/cannabis-miracle-medicine-or-dangerous-drug-bbc2-28-august-2019/

Though, my "jury" is still out with regards applications for BG managment. (& it's a long time since my student days.)

I felt the program was informative with regards to how it's researched & prescribed with other conditions.

I'll mark this topic up as CBD, which is why most genuinely search for answers on the subject.

Hope this helps resolve any queries on the matter. That can contentiously crop up from time to time.

I watched it and found it to be very an interesting and a well balanced programme, especially as medicinal help because of the amazing results for the young lad with epilepsy and the older person with Parkinsons, it was awesome.
But, I know what it can do to a young persons brain and it can also lead to harder drugs, I have seen this and it destroys lives. Many people smoke it, even down at the beach, which is a big bug bear of mine, the smell is distinctive and with so many young children about, I personally would ban it from the beach, but I know that is an open space.
Edited to tweak a sentence.

Last edited:

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I believe it can have miraculous benefits for many folk with many conditions, but like any substance, it can be misused. Nothing much else to say about it, really. There's worse things freely available to buy all day every day in every supermarket in the land :nailbiting:

True or just walk into any place that sells alcohol.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have witnessed, the guy went onto harder drugs ( unknown by me at the time) and died 6 years ago.
Thanks.

Hopefully you won't need to discuss your personal experience on the subject to a cancer patient prescribed cannabis as an alternative to opiods, aiding relief from the pain..

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Thanks.

Hopefully you won't need to discuss your personal experience on the subject to a cancer patient prescribed cannabis as an alternative to opiods, aiding relief from the pain..

Well said @Jaylee

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been giving this much thought. Hopefully the baby will not be thrown out with the bathwater here.

Cannabis for recreational use should be a separate issue to that which is prescribed for medicinal use. We should not be comparing the folks who sit on the beach smoking the weed with those such as desparate parents seeking relief for their poorly children, some having multipe seizures, and for whom the only solution is to travel abroard to risk ‘smuggling’ in meds to give their children some quality of life.

I fully support research into use of cannabis based meds for pain relief etc. After all, morphine is a strong opoid drug similar to heroin, yet is used regularly in medical setting.