Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, am I last on parade?

@ert - I can’t add much to what the others have said, but wanted to wish you a good day for tomorrow.

@MeiChanski - I’ve bought so much stationery... Paperchase is my downfall!

@helensaramay - autocorrupt caught you again, I see? Sounds like a miserable night, hope things even out today.

Did a pod change last night and the flippin’ thing wouldn’t pair with the RileyLink, this happens sometimes. Normally I sit on it to block the radio signal and hit the “deactivate” button on my phone, and restart the pairing process. This has always worked, but last night the pod started screaming. There is a tiny hole on the back you can insert something pointy to shut it down, which I was able to do. Some people put them in the freezer until the battery dies, or smash them with a hammer. I’ve been tempted to shoot them :D So I too have wasted a patch pump. I was able to hoover the insulin out of it and start a new one, but it feels so wasteful.

Off to Sainsburys in a bit, as they have vegan Quorn ham slices on special offer, and I rely on those for packed lunches. I’ve got an introductory day at uni tomorrow, and they’re giving us a £5 lunch voucher, but I’m taking food just in case. And I’m available for supply teaching the rest of the week, so need to be prepared!

Reactions: porl69 and Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love paperchase :eek:
Wh smiths use to be my favourite but the last couple of years, they didn’t have anything that caught my eye. Muji is my favourite for their simplistic stationery. Online shopping is even better for stationery from overseas. :)

Reactions: Fairygodmother

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think we'd make a nice type 1 stationery club, anyone into calligraphy? I got some Japanese brush pens for it. :D

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have gone and mislaid my mobile, I had it this morning, late morning, scanned my sensor, then had a quick look at email notifications before I went for out for a walk in the lovely sunshine.............. when ready to go, could I find the phone, nope :wideyed: and I have looked and looked, rang it from my home phone but no noise ( even though it was not on silent this morning) I need it to keep in touch with my daughter who is on holiday, or she will be panicking !) I will continue to look a little later on.:banghead::oops:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I need it to keep in touch with my daughter who is on holiday, or she will be panicking !) I will continue to look a little later on.:banghead::oops:
In the meantime, ask a neighbour to send her a message not to worry. Or ask someone through e-mail or facebook to do that.

Reactions: Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have gone and mislaid my mobile, I had it this morning, late morning, scanned my sensor, then had a quick look at email notifications before I went for out for a walk in the lovely sunshine.............. when ready to go, could I find the phone, nope :wideyed: and I have looked and looked, rang it from my home phone but no noise ( even though it was not on silent this morning) I need it to keep in touch with my daughter who is on holiday, or she will be panicking !) I will continue to look a little later on.:banghead::oops:

Going out for another walk to think of the last time I had the mobile...................

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Probably the last to the party today.
@ert, I’m feeling cross with your HR - they’ve increased your difficulties! Have they read the Equality Act? They’re adjustments are most certainly not ‘reasonable’, although ‘reasonable’ is a horrid carpetbag word.
Yes, I agree, have a word with your coworkers and get their reactions of you injecting near them. If they’re needlephobic then ask what warning they’d need. I’ve yet to meet anyone who minds me injecting and am happy to do so in cafes, while walking on a busy street, in shops, at bus stops, on the train . . If there are people close I ask if they mind. None have said they do.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Had a lovely day, met older daughter and new pooch at the pet supplies where a harness was fitted for walks. Poor little pooch was worried by all the people and the strange place but she knows me now so I hope I was a calming presence.
Then I went to the harbour and booked attempt number 2 birthday boat trip. On 21st of this month, so watch the forecast - will probably be tide surge and hurricane.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My block had a brief power cut, now sorted.

You know you're a T1 when the first thought you have during a power cut is, "how much charge is on my phone, don't want to lose my cgm...."

Reactions: Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My block had a brief power cut, now sorted.

You know you're a T1 when the first thought you have during a power cut is, "how much charge is on my phone, don't want to lose my cgm...."
Or how the heck long will this last, Will insulin stored in the fridge retain its strength.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
When you’re getting stationery and stuff ready to start uni, and an offer from the Assay Office to send you a high res jpeg of your makers mark coincides with the acquisition of a vinyl cutting machine... :rolleyes:

440EEA1C-D37D-495E-AC32-589BC30C7D44.jpeg

Reactions: hh1 and MeiChanski