What’s that all about?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good numbers on the whole Paul, well done! The first thing in the morning reading is the last to come down because of dawn phenomenon, have a read here about it:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/blood-glucose/dawn-phenomenon.html
If you are working on your diet etc... then the morning numbers will follow suit, they just take a bit longer than the rest.

Reactions: Paulm80

Paulm80

Good numbers on the whole Paul, well done! The first thing in the morning reading is the last to come down because of dawn phenomenon, have a read here about it:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/blood-glucose/dawn-phenomenon.html
If you are working on your diet etc... then the morning numbers will follow suit, they just take a bit longer than the rest.

Thanks that would explain it then, need to try and eat earlier I guess , I’m never ready for tea until 8-8.30 though!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks that would explain it then, need to try and eat earlier I guess , I’m never ready for tea until 8-8.30 though!
I don’t eat til around 7-7.30pm, if I were in your shoes keep with your current meal times and wait to see if your morning readings come down anyway. Dawn phenomenon as I understand it is independent of mealtimes, it’s just your liver chucking out sugar to get your body ready for the day ahead, all perfectly normal, it’s just us type 2 can’t cope with that rush of glucose.

Paulm80

I don’t eat til around 7-7.30pm, if I were in your shoes keep with your current meal times and wait to see if your morning readings come down anyway. Dawn phenomenon as I understand it is independent of mealtimes, it’s just your liver chucking out sugar to get your body ready for the day ahead, all perfectly normal, it’s just us type 2 can’t cope with that rush of glucose.

6.8 isn’t massively high anyway is it?

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
6.8 isn’t massively high anyway is it?
Honestly not too high and it could be that your body and liver especially are used to a higher number so it's trying to get you back up there. Took a fair few months for me to be seeing 5's and 4's in a morning. Your postprandial numbers are looking great and your outside of mealtime numbers look great as well so I wouldn't worry too much, like the lovely @Rachox said it's the last number to come down and can be influenced by stress, sleep and so many other things.

Paulm80

Honestly not too high and it could be that your body and liver especially are used to a higher number so it's trying to get you back up there. Took a fair few months for me to be seeing 5's and 4's in a morning. Your postprandial numbers are looking great and your outside of mealtime numbers look great as well so I wouldn't worry too much, like the lovely @Rachox said it's the last number to come down and can be influenced by stress, sleep and so many other things.

Cool thanks, just gonna stick to testing in the morning for now I reckon, far to disorganised to test multiple times a day